Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

HID Xenon 2007 Camry SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Default HID Xenon 2007 Camry SE

i like the look of the HID Xenons and they are a lot safer, a lot more energy efficient and wut not.

i heard that if you install them tho you have no brights?

true or false?

if true, dus the HID provide enuff light that i wont need the brights?

Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Default RE: HID Xenon 2007 Camry SE

Post the pics and what type or brand are they.....cause I'm buying one but not sure wish one Got the XLE V6

Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 AM

Hids are the best thing out there for night and day time driving.. they look good and are bright but dont affect others coming your way... iv had them on my 2 cars and now im putting it on my 07 now... its a must have

Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...QQcmdZViewItem

idk.

plus this is pretty cool
a VVT-i emblem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-0...QQcmdZViewItem

but let me no with bout the HID lights.

thnx

Old 09-04-2006, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: 07XLE

Hids are the best thing out there for night and day time driving.. they look good and are bright but dont affect others coming your way... iv had them on my 2 cars and now im putting it on my 07 now... its a must have
Actually, aftermarket HID kits are a big problem. They are such a huge problem that they are actually banned for producing excessive glare and blinding other drivers on the road. This is what I recommend.

ORIGINAL: Epsilon

The best way to go is to retrofit an OEM HID kit since it uses OEM parts and will last a long time. Also, using true HID projectors will produce the better output, less glare, and clarity than halogen projectors which you have now.

If you would like an alternative, I would recommend only going with Xenondepot's HID kit since they use high quality parts such as Philips D2S burners and Philips bulbs. The Stanley's halogen projectors found in the 6th generation Camry actually take well to aftermarket HID kits, so it won't be that huge of a problem unlike with other vehicles having aftermarket HID kits. Also, be sure to cover up the Squirrel Spotters.

The Squirrel Spotters are a big problem with the '07 Camrys and HID kits. The Squirrels Spotters are not DOT mandated. They are there to see road signs and stuff like that. They are covered up because they are OK with Halogen, but with HID the glare is unbearable to oncoming traffic. These can be covered up with aluminized duct tape that are meant to withstand high temperature.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

alright i dunno too much about kits and what not but let me tell you that i dislike HID's. They blind others, but of course are good for the driver with them. I think a good bulb with projectors is good enough.
Isnt the highbeam on the new camry a separate bulb anyways?

Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 PM

Factory HIDs and true retrofitted HIDs do not blind others, only aftermarket HIDs placed in non-HID housing blind other drivers. And yes, the high beam on the '07 Camry is a new bulb, but what does this have to do with anything?

Old 10-16-2006, 06:39 PM

okay..i'm a real dunce when it comes to customizing cars, so bear with me. I want to put HID lights on my 07 camry, and don't kno where to start. any camry guru's miind helping me? thanks ahead of time.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:35 PM

I've had HID's installed in my 94 Camry for 3 months now. I have nothing but praise for installing HID's.

My low beams are now brighter than my brights. Because I've been on the receiving end of HID's and I know how bright they can be, I aimed my headlights a bit lower to keep them out of the eyes of on coming drivers.

I have a very reputable light dealer that I deal with. I help motrcyclists source these and install them. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to get in touch with him.

ANyway, not sure if any one has answered your (hungdang80) question...

#1. Find out what size bulb you have for high and low beam. They should be seperate.
#2. Decide if you want to covert both
#3. BUy a kit from a reputable dealer
#4. Install the kit. - There doesn't seem to be much room to install 2 kits, at least in my 94. When the time comes, I"ll have a pro shop install my second kit. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself. Kits are usually just plug in. You will need to mount the ballast units. That would require skill with a drill since the brackets should be screwed into some kind of sheetmetal.

HTH,
Dave

Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 AM

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and to Camry's and just wondering what headlight bulbs are in the 07 SE.
I have a set of HID's from my last car the bulbs are 9006.
Thanks.
Amo

Quick Reply: HID Xenon 2007 Camry SE