Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2012 camry se want aftermarket stereo

Old 06-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Default 2012 camry se want aftermarket stereo

Wanna do a aftermarket stereo but I don't wanna lose the steering wheel function but also want to have DVD and the nav system was thinking about this stereo has anybody install disk or use the product Toyota Camry 2012 Multimedia K-Series Navigation System I call to get there I get a damn answering machine the legit or not

Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Have not done business with Ottonavi. In the past people have purchased their products and seemed pleased, some not. Some complained about lack of communication as you have experienced. My own two cents is if you they will not answer the phone during business hours to get my business, how can I expect support after a purchase.

Have you looked a Rosen Electronics systems, another low cost system?

Crutchfield.com offers a lot of products and has great support.

If you want a credible vendor, try Crutchfield.com.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Have not done business with Ottonavi. In the past people have purchased their products and seemed pleased, some not. Some complained about lack of communication as you have experienced. My own two cents is if you they will not answer the phone during business hours to get my business, how can I expect support after a purchase.

Have you looked a Rosen Electronics systems, another low cost system?

Crutchfield.com offers a lot of products and has great support.

If you want a credible vendor, try Crutchfield.com.
Yea I am that way also wanted every1 opinion on the company... oh well guess they not getting mu business and thats where im currently at is at crunchfield.... and its hard trying to decided but itll get there never heard of rosen electronics do u have a link to there website n how is there customer service .

Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

I have heard the mixed reviews of Ottonavi as well. Considering how cheap it is, I would try it personally. That is, if I had the cash sitting around. Steering wheel controls are important to me as well and I would not want to lose those. Keep us posted on what you choose and if you can keep your steering wheel controls.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Rosen products are sold by Crutchfield, through Amazon and other outlets. Rosen appears to sell direct on Ebay.

It's a well known brand if looking for their products. Same complaints about the lack of support, as in no one answers the phone.

Rosen Electronics

Rosen Electronics

Reviews of actual products are mixed with some hating and some loving them.

There is also Caska

CASKA Multimedia - Special Car Multimedia with Navigation, Internet & TV

My own two cents is given the high prices of some of these items and hit or miss reviews, would be reluctant to buy any of these brands.

The companies go to China for their products which are built to their specs or have a unit with a few minor changes rebranded in their name (nothing new here).

Then market the product wherever they can. The issue seems to be lack of any real direct customer support. Perhaps this lack of support extends back to the manufacturer. The brand name seller is thus just a reseller for products they import having no real support capability beyond selling the product.

If buying one of these products, suggest finding a seller who offers a return period if not happy, actually answers the phone and supports the product. If possible an extended warranty.

Or buy a product at the lowest price which may be Ebay. You might even be able to find a seller that ships a similar product direct from China to you under another brand. You will save money, but don't expect support.

Also compare products. You may find one product from xx company almost the same as from yy company as they were built on the same line but with a few mods.

Just my opinion.