Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

95 Camry Wagon Passenger Door Front Mid-Range/Bass Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Default 95 Camry Wagon Passenger Door Front Mid-Range/Bass Speaker

The speaker mentioned in the title works fine when tested on the driver side. About 6 months ago it stopped working. In attempting to diagnose the issue, I opened the passenger door as wide as it would open, and the speaker began functioning. As I slowly began closing the door, a loss of speaker function followed. Again, slowly opening the door to its widest point, produced speaker sound, and slowly closing it, a loss of speaker function.

Entering the door jam, hinge side, is a rubber boot. Does a wiring harness run through that boot? When I wiggled the boot, it too produced speaker sound. Now, no sound is present, no matter what I do, yet all door functions, other than the speaker, still work. I'm assuming that there is a break in the speaker wire of that wiring harness, or am I assuming inaccurately? Can anyone suggest something more definitive to diagnose this speaker issue?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

The two door speakers are wired together at a junction box on the chassis, not inside the door. Breakage of wiring between door and chassis is common due to flexing with door usage. Check wiring and repair as required.

Wire colors may be purple and blue.