Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

How to get the Navigation show the Speed limit on the screen 2014 Camry SE

Old 08-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Default How to get the Navigation show the Speed limit on the screen 2014 Camry SE

Hi everyone,
i am newbie here, please take it easy on me, i just own new 2014 Camry SE sport, i tried to explore more in depth of using some more available feature in the navigation in this car. Does anyone know how can i bring the speed limit/Car speed numbers show on the screen? i have been using the old school TomTom for my old Avalon and it shows the speed limit and car speed next to each other, it kind of handy for me. Appreciate any suggestion. (See Ex in red circle from old Tomtom)

Attached Thumbnails How to get the Navigation show the Speed limit on the screen 2014 Camry SE-tomtom.jpg  
Old 08-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Are you sure that GPS model has that feature? I watched a quick tutorial on the 2014 navigation system and I didn't see that listed.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Patonium
Are you sure that GPS model has that feature? I watched a quick tutorial on the 2014 navigation system and I didn't see that listed.
I am not sure on that either, i looked through the owner manual, i have not found the instruction on that. on the side of the screen with red circle, it has the Micro SD sim (Map Card) (See attach pic) I was wonder if i can somehow download it from online website but i am not sure, i am still learning alot of thing.

Attached Thumbnails How to get the Navigation show the Speed limit on the screen 2014 Camry SE-gps.jpg  
Old 08-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

You bought this car new from the dealer, right? I'm sure you could call them up and ask. If they are smart, they will go the extra mile to help you because they will want to sell you a new car in the future.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Default Waiting for that to happen....

You bought this car new from the dealer, right? I'm sure you could call them up and ask. If they are smart, they will go the extra mile to help you because they will want to sell you a new car in the future.
I am still waiting to find a dealer who wants to go the extra mile. We have a 2012 XLE Hybrid and we really like the car, but the navigation system is horrible...in nearly every way....and we have contacted 4 dealers and Toyota and not ONE reply other than shoulder shrugging. Nothing about updates, offer to help in some way...nothing.

Listen, I used to be in the "business." I had customers. I held their hands and wiped their noses because I WANTED their business and wanted them to be happy. As long as they were rational and asked.....I went the extra mile. Now, that I am on the other side of the desk, I can't find anyone who gives a rat's ***. Very disappointing. I am sure they are out there...somewhere....but, now I know why my customers were so loyal.

I especially love it when they say things like....ok, you push this button....LOL I offered one dealership the option of going for a ride with me and I could show them the issues....."Oh, well, we know the navigation system isn't that good.....but, isn't it a great car and turn the sound up, you will never hear that "cracking" noise in the sunroof...."

We are shopping Ford and Honda right now, but haven't been impressed with what the dealers have thrown at us. It was always a very cold business in many ways and we had to overcome the stereotype....but, wow.....it seems like it has gone from bad to worse.

If you know of a good dealer.....Ford, Toyota, Honda....anywhere, I would like to talk to them.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

That stinks about the navigation on your car. I had no idea it was that bad. And sunroof cracking sound? That doesn't sound good at all. I can't recome a dealer because I buy my cars used and I'm always suspicious of anything anyone selling it claims.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:05 AM

I was very disappointed with the service after i bought the car, the car runs fine except the Nav, the attitude before i bought and after the car was bought from the dealer was so difference, I called and asked about the feature i wanted to learn or searching for on the Nav, they had no clue and was told that they can't do that on 2014 SE sport Navigation. he seem to be very knowlegeable sale when helped me look for a car but after i bought the car, when i called back he said " Oh, i don't know that, it's not my area". My $50 little Tom2 i got from walmart is way better than thier $27000 SE camry sport Nav. Anyone out there who decide to go to check out the car at the dealer, you need to make a solid agreement or get written email statement before you go meet the sale person, they can offer you all the goodie but after you sign the paper it can be nasty, they won't do what they promise.

Last edited by hukcamry2014SE; 09-23-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:10 AM

I called them but they don't know how. very disappointed.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

That really sucks. I hate to see that old "Car is sold, I no longer care" attitude. I would try calling Toyota corporate and mention about your dealer and their lack of follow through after the sale. Something tells me they won't care too much either, but sometimes it lights a fire under someone's butt.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Default Good luck with the Company

That really sucks. I hate to see that old "Car is sold, I no longer care" attitude. I would try calling Toyota corporate and mention about your dealer and their lack of follow through after the sale. Something tells me they won't care too much either, but sometimes it lights a fire under someone's butt.
I have contacted Toyota corporate several times about this and always, but always get a form letter, "Gee, we're sorry......blah, blah, see your dealer."

When I was a dealer, if Toyota ever got a letter from one of my customers.....woohooeeee.....I would HEAR about it! We had a traveling service rep from Toyota who would periodically come through and work with customers for all kinds of goodwill. Of course, I would ASK for the help for my customers. That was right before they got too big for their kimonos and went big time. We were forced out of business because we were in a really small town, and couldn't meet Toyota's demands without severely affecting our cash flow to a point, we sold out. Sure, I am still bitter about that, but have bought several of their cars since then because I still thought they had the best product. Hmmm....not so sure, anymore. And without good service, the best car on the planet is worthless.

Good luck with contacting the Company. I think the only prayer of hope is finding a dealer with someone who cares and will go to bat for you. And, I am still searching for them......The little guys who cared.....are gone.

It's a shame, because we like our car, otherwise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get the Navigation show the Speed limit on the screen 2014 Camry SE