Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Transfer phone contacts to '08 Camry Hybrid phone book

Old 02-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Default Transfer phone contacts to '08 Camry Hybrid phone book

Need help w/Treo Palm 700 Contacts xfer to '08 Camry Hybrid. Ikeep getting the transferfailed. Do I need toadjust anysettings on the phone?Thanks!

Old 02-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Default RE: Transfer phone contacts to '08 Camry Hybrid phone book

Do you have Verizon??
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Yeah if you got Verizon forget about it. It'll never work.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:49 PM

OK I got my Verizon Motorola V3C RAZR's to transfer their phonebooks.You need tounderstand you can only send one "contact" at a time, not the entire phonebook list. This is Verizon's fault, they dictated the programming of the cellphone. First make sure you cell has been entered in your Camry's Nav system. Second, make sure you have setup the Bluetooth link to your phone. Third, make sure you have the Nav set to the cell you're going to use. OK here we go:

Press the off hook on the steering wheel. That'll bring up the phone menu on the display. Select "settings" then "phonebook" then "transfer data" Note the Camry's Nav will ask on subsequent entrys if you want to "overwrite" or "add" to the Nav's phonebook, OBVIOUS we want to "ADD". Go to your cell, highlight the "contact" you want to transfer. Select "options" (soft key) on your cell, then pick VCard. The cell will go to its Bluetooth menu. Select whatever name you gave for the Camry's Nav. That will start the transfer. This took a while to reseach, involving going to Verizon, Motorola & Toyota ....none were helpful. The Motorola's manual had the key, but once again Verizon's RAZR isn't like the manual!

Good luck!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 PM

The real easy way is buy a Blackberry and it will transfer your whole phonebook with no issues and yes I have Verizon.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM

http://www.toyota.letstalk.com

This website may give you some help..it breaks down phone by phone and will tell you whatfeaturescan be done.
I will tell you from the shop...not many phones can fully transfer their phonebook, none ofthe techs phones can do so (we'vegot blackberries, trio's, motorola razr-2, envys)

Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 PM

I also work at a dealership and have found lets talk is outdated big time. I have found in my pairing of more than 100 phones that the newer PDAs and Blckberrys transfer phone book entrys better than regular phones. I did 2 Blackberry Pearls last week. But It really depends on the phone and the firmware on the phone.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-31-2008, 09:50 PM

Was able to transfer the entire phonebook into the navigation system into the Samsung SCH-u540 on the Verizon network, however, was unable to send a partial list or single contact. Done through sending the contact card through bluetooth.