Detailing Discuss detailing your Camry within.

anyone into detailing as a hobby?

Old 08-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Default anyone into detailing as a hobby?

I'm just curious because I've been detailing quite a few cars on the side recently. It pays good money and I love to detail cars almost as I like to drive them. Just hoping to share some tips and tricks and ideas about different products to use.

-Jason

Old 08-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: anyone into detailing as a hobby?

i attempt to detail my own car i dont do so well though... you got any tips on stain removal i bought the car with a few stains in the carpet i've herd of dying them but, i dunno?

Old 08-18-2006, 05:59 PM

One thing I use is simple green. It gets stains out of anything. Another thing to use which may not sound safe, but I have yet to see any signs of this is brake clean. I would go with spraying simple green directly onto the stain and scrub the living hell out of it.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

simple green on a carpet i would never have thought of that

Old 11-24-2006, 08:31 PM

i to love to detail cars. one thing that i found very effective is using Invisible Glass with a micro fiber cloth on your windows. Formula 2001 for your dash, and tire shine gel applied with an applicator for your tires.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:53 PM

try the dice electronis ipodintegration kit,it holds up nicely for the price it is and makes things so much easier. i have an old skool '98 Camry and that thing can blast some music! check it out if you can,you'll trip out how small it is too man.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: dice1

try the dice electronis ipodintegration kit,it holds up nicely for the price it is and makes things so much easier. i have an old skool '98 Camry and that thing can blast some music! check it out if you can,you'll trip out how small it is too man.
How does that have anything to do with detailing?

If it is the beginning my OCD car care season I was the car with dish soap to remave the old wax. I claybar the car with Mothers clay bar kit, keeping a bucket of soap handy to lubricate the clay.

After the paint is leveled and clean of oxidation I hand wax the car with Mothers cleaner wax. This reduces the swirls and gives the car a deep luster. Then I follow it up with a thin coat of NuFinish polish. I make a bucket of really cold water, sometimes adding ice to make sure that it is good and cold and I will submerge a microfiber towel in it and drag it accross the paint. I dry it and then apply another coat of NuFinish. I have found that by doing this the polish will actually last longer as it is advertised to last one year and we all know our elements are too harsh for any polish to last a full year if you don't always put it in the garage.

I follow the polish with your basic Turtle Wax Carnuba Wax. It helps to protect the polish and gives a great shine.

I do not use a PC as waxing the car is my time to relax and study every inch of my cars.

That is just for the paint. I didn't want to take up a lot of thread space about the glass, leather, moldings, carpet, tint, engine, and rims.

Here is a picture of my old Jetta after I waxed it as stated above. Notice the reflections.

Name:  100_1427.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  27.1 KB

And my Camry.

Name:  100_0629.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  69.8 KB

Old 06-28-2007, 02:42 AM

I detail my car myself. but I do it only for my car. lolz. I makes me sweat a lot but its okay because its part of my purpose anyway

Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: VVTi

I detail my car myself. but I do it only for my car. lolz. I makes me sweat a lot but its okay because its part of my purpose anyway

yeah same here. i only do it to my car only even thought the front has rock chips everywhere and the left front top fender is starting to fade. but the rest of the car still shine though..

https://www.camryforums.com/m_6000/m...y_/tm.htm#6627

posted my pictures there.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 PM

this topic sounds interesting, because most of you do detailing and I think its fun...
i'll try it myself one of these days...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone into detailing as a hobby?