Detailing Discuss detailing your Camry within.

anyone into detailing as a hobby?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Default RE: anyone into detailing as a hobby?

The best thing to use to get stains out of the upholestry and the floor board carpets is Procyon best carpet cleaner there is and it leaves no sudsy residue that always attracts more dirt. Check your grocery stores for this product. Used it on my camry and got lots of dirt and several stains out with it.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:23 PM

what do you guys do for scratches on the car. My camry has alot of scratches from people hitting my car with their door. is there a way i can get these out

Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
rye

dakid I do Paintless Dent Removal for a living and there's a scuff in almost every dent I fix...

I use Maguire's Diamond Cut (you can get other compounds that are similar), it's great for small area's.... If you buff you're whole car or a large area (i.e. hood) then it will leave swirl marks, because it cut's the clear coat good... but for getting out smalls scuff's and scratchs' nothing beats it!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:32 AM

I just purchased an 07 Camry that has a red mystery stain on the carpet. This stain is obviously set in and I need help getting it out, or possible considering coloring the carpet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:58 AM

Up in post 11 50Cal mentions a product that is the best he says dont know how well it works since i havnt had to get stains that been there awhile out.
Procyon best carpet cleaner

ORIGINAL: CARSON

I just purchased an 07 Camry that has a red mystery stain on the carpet. This stain is obviously set in and I need help getting it out, or possible considering coloring the carpet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 AM

I actually love detailing cars. My friends and family think im weird because I'm always trying to detail their cars (for free ofcourse) . I've thought about making some money on the side with it , hard work though .

Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jasmtz531

I'm just curious because I've been detailing quite a few cars on the side recently. It pays good money and I love to detail cars almost as I like to drive them. Just hoping to share some tips and tricks and ideas about different products to use.

-Jason
Yeah, me

Old 09-28-2008, 03:49 AM

Bissell makes a carpet cleaning/shampooer that is called the Little Green Machine (sold at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) for about $80. IT WORKS MIRACLES!!! Also, in response to the main question on the board, I love detailing. I tend to refer to it as a hobby, but the wife thinks I'm crazy. To detail my H2, it takes an entire 10-11 hr day.

ORIGINAL: lavalleemike

i attempt to detail my own car i dont do so well though... you got any tips on stain removal i bought the car with a few stains in the carpet i've herd of dying them but, i dunno?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 PM

can anyone put a whole procedure of detailing. I am new. Never did a detailing so would like to know from start to finish process. Also if you have recommendation on the products to use for any steps please let me know.

Looks like it will be fun to do it....

Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM

I've been detailing as a part time biz for the last 30 plus years...its something that I really do enjoy

Quick Reply: anyone into detailing as a hobby?