DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

'89 Camry LE turning signals won't work, chest belt won't slide back, and windows...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Default '89 Camry LE turning signals won't work, chest belt won't slide back, and windows...

OK, so I have a 1989 Camry LE, and have had no problems with it until today, when I started it up and the windows wouldn't roll down or up, the turn signals (back and front) wouldn't work, and the chest belt that normally slides up to you didn't budge.

I'm thinking it was a fuse, as the blinkers didn't work, but that wouldn't explain the rest, at least I don't think.

This is my first car, and I honestly don't know much about automobiles in general. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM

take it too a mechanic if you dont know your way around the car then you shouldn't try. however if you want to i would check the fuse box under the steering wheel for the turn signals and windows. (you might need to unscrew some stuff). and for the belt you can easily pop out the panel where it goes in and see why its stuck. you can also google how to fix these there should be wire diagrams and your fuse box should have labels as to which there are wired to.

Good Luck