DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Power Steering Leak Questions // Timing Belt Kit Advice // Maintenance Questions //

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Default Power Steering Leak Questions // Timing Belt Kit Advice // Maintenance Questions //

My Main Question for this post is to help identify a part to replace due to a power steering leak. The leak is bad enough that 2-3 drives would completely Deplete my fluids.

I created a
VIDEO

for everyone to check out. Please help me so that I don't have to throw parts at this car.

//

My second question is for a timing belt change. It's been a good 70,000 since the last one and I am looking for the best way to go about this. I went to this Forum and was interested in finding a timing belt kit from the aircabinman (ebay), but it seems that his parts for this year, make, and model are not what it looks like in the picture anymore (OM).

SO, is there any kits that people recommend?

//

Now for the last issue with my beautiful car-Headlights, Grill, Drivers Sun Panel, and Bumper. Someone rear ended me and I ended up doing the same to a car in front of me. Any places that you guys would recommend or things I can do?

Information on me: My parents gave me the car so that I can further my education. I live in Alameda which is close to San Francisco, CA. I am moving to San Diego in a month and I am doing a complete tune up while changing old parts. I've changed all of my broken control arms, installed new complete strut mounts, and now have these few to deal with.

Any experienced people who know please help. Thanks in Advance and like always-Toyota Nation Baby.

Anything to help me restore this bad boy would be great. The leather is still mint condition and I take really good care of her. Would be great to get people of the same mindset to help me out.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF.

The leak appears to be coming from the PS fluid return hose. Have you checked if the hose clamp is tight, the hose damaged, split, etc? Depending on the year of car you may be able to buy bulk hose from a well stocked autoparts store, internet, etc and cut to length.

If you need to drive the car before fixing the problem. You can remove the belt and resort to manual steering.

Timing belt change period depends on year of car. What year and engine type, L4 or V6? Try shopping rockauto, Partsgeek, Amazon, etc. I use AISIN but there are others. If the belt breaks the engine will not be damaged.

Might shop auto salvage yards for parts or search Craigslist for parting out cars. This is cheaper route and you can grab all you need at one time.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:28 AM

Hey ToyoMoho,

Thanks for the response. I texted the video to my friend and he was saying the powersteering pressure hose and the power steering pump. (High Pressure Line and the powersteering Line) If you look closely, it is coming from the top rather than the hose on the bottom. I will try to get a better video for you.

It's been almost 8-10 years since the last timing belt change. The Engine is V6 Camry XLE 2000.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

The low pressure line has spring clip hose fitting to attach it to the pump. The line goes to the reservoir.

The high pressure line has a banjo fitting to attach it to the pump.