DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

TRD lowering springs for 2002 camry

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Default TRD lowering springs for 2002 camry

I recently swapped my stock springs for the TRD lowering springs part # PTRO7-33097 for a 2002 camry. Everything seemed fine until 6 months later i noticed that the drivers side of the car was sagging. Two alignments a tire rotation later, I called the dealership back to swap out the springs, the dealership wants me to bring the car in for a costly diagnosis before they do a warranty exchange, any suggestions before I spend any more money?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Dealer installed parts?

Have you read the warranty? What's covered, parts only, parts and labor?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:01 PM

sorry joey P that i don't go to the dealership for every issue, uh yeah if you go on TRD's website all products are under warranty for a year, but what is the point of ordering toy parts if you can only do it at the dealership sorry i didn't know this was a bell helicopter or rolls royce jet engine

Old 02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Toyota and Bell helicopters no, Rolls Royce engines maybe! The newer RR engines seem to be blowing up left and right.

Some TRD products have warranties, others don't.

If the dealer did not install the parts this can give them reason to state the parts may not have been properly installed. They would state they are just trying to determine where the problem is.

What type of tests do they want and how much $$? Would think an experienced mechanic could diagnose the problem in 30 minutes.

Where did you buy the parts, at this dealer? If not buying from this dealer they may have little incentive to help you.

Dealers can look for ways to escape having to do warranty services, it's not unheard of.

Yet, sometimes going to another dealer can result in a completely different customer service experience.

Unfortunately a dealer can't be forced to comply with a warranty.

You might ask for advice at the Toyotanation website, perhaps TundraSolutions, trdforums or any other site where members are actively using TRD parts and may have been in the same position you are.

Don't shoot the message, Toyota for all its past glory appears now to just be another car company trying to make a dollar, sometimes this is at the customers expense. Hopefully management will catch on to this fact and do what is required to regain consumer trust.

Last edited by toyomoho; 02-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.