ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2005 Camry door locks

Old 01-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Default 2005 Camry door locks

I have a 2005 SE and only the the drivers door unlocks when car is placed in park. The other three door locks do not open. Occasionally the locks will work for a time or two and then will not. Any advice? This also the situation when using the kef fob.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2005 Camry door locks

Has this always been the issue with the other three locks not working? Can you unlock them from the drivers console switch? Is there a passenger door lock lockout switch on the console?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Have the same problem with my wife's 2005 XLE. The door locks on each door had to be replaced (under warranty)in the past two years because they fail to open with regularity. Toyota Service saideach time that an actuator had failed.

Neither the key fob nor the door switch would open the locks - the lock switch on the individual door had to be moved. Now we're having the same problem on the two drivers' side doors.

Anyone see any TSBs or other notices regarding door lock issues or failures? The Camry is now out of warranty, but I suspect that we'll get some good will because we go to the Toyota dealer for all service - even oil changes.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 AM

I have the exact same issues with my 2005 camry LE. It's driving me nuts. Were you able to find a solution to the problem?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 AM

I have the same exact issue with my 2005 camry LE. Were you able to find out what the problem was with your vehicle?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by gazpazr123
I have a 2005 SE and only the the drivers door unlocks when car is placed in park. The other three door locks do not open. Occasionally the locks will work for a time or two and then will not. Any advice? This also the situation when using the kef fob.
I have discovered that alot of Toyota Camry's of this Generation(2002-2006) have a specific door lock problem that develops. This problem occurs when an internal part of the Car Computer/Fusebox under the drivers dash burns out. This results in all the doors locking, but ONLY the drivers door unlocking. You loose the Unlock function of the Passenger side door and both rear doors. If this is your specific problem, then Toyota's ONLY Fix to this is to replace the Car Computer/Fusebox at a cost to you of $700-$900.

I have designed a Module to bypass the burnt out internal parts externally. There is no need to remove the Car Computer/Fusebox from the car. I include a detailed install guide that is COLOR CODED with PICTURES. The Bypass only requires 7 connections. I include all the needed connectors to make these connections. You can purchase this from me on EBAY, just do a search for "Toyota Door Lock Fix" or item #280735700457

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through EBAY's "contact seller" link. This is the fastest way to get in touch with me.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:07 PM

I have a weird issue that's developed over the past couple of weeks with new adaptions the past 2-3 days on my 2002 Sportivo.

Problem start with a now and then thing where you push the button (either one as there's two of them) to lock the doors, then a few moments after, it unlocks, the indicators flash and the horn goes off, and i tell you its a bugger to get it to stop.

After this, it then became more often, happening up to three time in the one go.

Then yesterday, I walked towards the car and it unlocked itself, indicators flashing and the horn going, and i hadn't touched a thing.

And today another new thing, i unlocked the car, opened the door, sat in, shut the door, and it literally locked me in with the indicators flashing, horn going off at the supermarket, it was so embarrassing as they would have thought i broke in trying to steal it or something.

I have today booked it into Toyota because I don' know what else to do, this can't keep going on, and if they say the computer has to be replaced then I won't be able to afford that because you can't budget for something you don't know is going to happen.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

This being an Australian car not sure can help.

Might check the door switches. Each door frame has a switch to let the cars systems know if it a door is open or closed. These switches can stick resulting in door lock issues.

Check if the theft system has a window breakage sensor, the sensor could be set to sensitive.

Try asking at the site below:

au.toyotaownersclub.com

If you need a computer start calling auto salvage yards, check Ebay, etc for used computer.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 AM

i have asked at the au.toyotaownersclub.com but they haven't been any help which is where i found this site, thought i'd try.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Walking up to the car without touching it should not cause the locks to trigger. Was the car doing this strange behavior when you were gone. You just had the right timing to now be there?

Try to make a determination if the lock system is responding to a door switch being closed or the car moving around.

Does this car have a key remote FOB? Any change a button on the FOB is sticking on?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Camry door locks