ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Integration Relay

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Default Integration Relay

Hi to all, recently I was told by my electrician that my door lock interface was not functioning.I need to know two things.
1) The number on the box is 82641-33140. Can anyone tell me where I can get one.
2) If none is available, can I install an aftermarket interface like the xpress kit or fortin.
I have a 2000 camry

Old 09-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

There are a few listings on the internet for new parts, the price is around $400. Can also try a Toyota dealer. If wanting a lower cost replacement try auto salvage yards, Ebay or find someone parting out a car on Craigslist.

As to aftermarket interfaces, read the installation manual. They tie into the stock door locking system, not replace it.

What is wrong with the current locking system? How did the electrician diagnose the issue was this relay? The relay is called the integration relay was does a lot more then just control the doors.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the response. The doors do not lock or unlock from the master switch, or from key fob. The interior light does not work in the 'door' position. when in this direction , i am hear the small black micro relay 'making' and 'breaking'. When i put a test light to the connection, i am getting a 'dim blinking light' coming from the coil side,same the micro relay.

The auto electrician checked for blown fuse and master switch. He applied a 12v to the doors and the actuators worked.

Can you explain to me how the integration relay works and what can cause it to get damaged.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

The name integration is termed because the relay integrates with more then one system. Like door locks, remote door lock, key/seat belt reminder, interior lights and moon roof.

The integration relay incorporates diodes, resistors, transistors and relays soldered to a circuit board. Toyota provides no service data or detailed schematic of the relay. This makes repairs difficult, most owners replace the relay if a problem.

What can cause a problem? The unit appears not to generally fail on its own but this is possible. Bad component, solder joint, etc. Other causes can be incorrect installation of remote door lock and alarm. Poor regrounding of wiring after chassis repairs, failing to disconnect battery when doing electrical work and jump starting engine with electrical components turned on.

As to what to do:

The interior lights receive power from the Dome fuse. This power goes first to the integration relay. Then via an incorporated bus to the vanity lights (do these work?) and Dome light. As you know, this light is always powered. The Dome switch connects the ground of the bulb socket to open, ground or the wiring going to the integration relay.

The wiring circuit going to the relay depends on if the dome light is "fade out" or not. Fade out is the light stays on, then turns off by itself.

If no fade out the wiring goes via another integration relay bus to the rear door switches. The door switches are normally open when door is closed (does the light work if rear doors are open).

The wiring to the front door switch wiring is more complicated routing through a diode before going to the switch. The diode isolates other attached circuits.

The fade out wiring incorporates into the integration relay circuitry. Alas the circuit diagram provided is not complete.

Might check the integration relay ground wire (white/black). The wire goes first to a splice box then ground, both located on the drivers side of the dash console.

Make sure the dome light has full battery voltage.

Where is the car located or originated from? The integration relay part number appears less common then others for same car and year.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:45 PM

Thank you. The dome light is 'fade out'. This model came from Japan. would the 82641-33070 be interchangeable.

Would anything else not function or not function properly if the integration relay was damaged or not grounded properly.

Can this diode be located and changed or is it inside the integration relay?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Have you attempted the checks as suggested in the previous post?

Each relay is specific to car options, etc. Can't state if another number would work.

You could test each electrical device in the car to determine what works and post back.

The relay components are inside the relay and soldered to the a board. A electronic person might be able to find any bad parts, assuming one is bad.

The relay number you state is not listed at various online Toyota dealers. An internet search typically links it mainly to the Ukraine. Suggest you visit a Toyota dealer with the VIN who may be able to confirm correct relay.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:42 AM

Ok, dome light does not work when door is open. when the door is open and the dome switch set on 'door' that is when i am getting the micro relay opening and closing.

When i press the master switch i am hearing the switch engaging but not closing.

Is there a step by step troubleshooting guide to follow.I guess from there I would be able to find the problem. If it is the integration relay then i will have to get it.

I will send the VIN as soon as I can.

Thanks again

Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 PM

vin is jt153sv2000396XXX. I think integration relay 82641-33090 can also work. Looking for it

Last edited by toyomoho; 10-09-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Revised VIN
Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

The VIN was not of much help. Is this the correct number?

I revised the last 3 numbers of VIN so as not to link it your specific car. The last 6 numbers are the serial number.

Is this a car for US consumption or other country?

Last edited by toyomoho; 10-09-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:24 PM

I checked it, it said it is from Europe

Quick Reply: Integration Relay