ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Need Help: after remote starter install, doorlocks won't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Default Need Help: after remote starter install, doorlocks won't work

Hi,

Brand new to the forum (newbie) but have been searching for a similar post -- none found.

I have a 2006 Camry LE (I-4) and this weekend I installed an aftermarket remote starter system/keyless door lock system in the Camry. The remote starter works flawlessly, however, when I attempted to isolate the lock and unlock OEM wires, I shorted a wire and saw a tiny spark. After that, the door lock buttons on the driver's door and passenger door do not work (nor do the "unlock" buttons, for that matter). Also, the Toyota keyfob's do not unlock/lock the doors, nor does the keyfob's trunk popper work when you press it. From an electrical standpoint, the rest of the car is functioning just fine.

I understand that there is a body ecu that is behind the lower dash fusebox that controls the doorlock system, and I imagine it is this part that I fried. Does anyone know what this specfic module is called, what's 'basically' involved in replacing it, and perhaps even what the part number is so that I may buy the replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Default RE: Need Help: after remote starter install, doorlocks won't work

Have you checked the fuses??

Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Default RE: Need Help: after remote starter install, doorlocks won't work

I checked all the fuses, yes, in that beige, lower-dash fuse box. What amperage fuse would the doorlock system be, and what would the name of the fuse be?

Is there another place where I check the fuses (all the engine bay fuses are in tact as well).

Thanks