ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

P1135 Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Default P1135 Help!

I am new here but not to the car world

I have a customer with a 2002 camry v6 with a p1135 code

We replaced the o2 a/f sensors as included with the 100k service. I did some reading and found that new sensors should have a resistance of 1.8 to 3.4 ohms on the heater circuit. here is what I found on the new sensors as the code will not clear.

Front pre cat - 2.5ohms
rear header front - 16.5ohms
collected rear - 8.9ohms

These numbers do not make sense to me, does this mean the last two NEW sensors are bad? Also, the middle sensor had two white wires instead of black

just for extra to make sure I checked the ohms on the A/F heater relay, the gold/copper spades were open and the smaller silver spades were at 114ohms

The A/F 25amp fuse was ok

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Zach

Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Bank 1 Sensor 1 California code.

Bank 1 is the cylinder head closest to the firewall. Sensor 1 is the first sensor on the exhaust system coming from this head.

The resistance for a non-California sensor may be 11-16 ohm at room temp (info may be off a year or two on year of car).

Are you sure you have the right sensor for the emissions setup of the car?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 AM

leave it up to kragen to sell me a federal sensor in california....

I had my suspicions, but just plain didnt think they could sell me a federal sensor in ca...

just for reference, do you by chance know the part numbers for each sensor so I know I am buying the right one this time?

also, the rear most sensor, does that 8.9 ohms sound right?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

If your looking for P/N's for name brand parts try the rockauto website. Follow the Year/Make/Model/engine type trail until you get to Emissions.

It is possible Federal cars made their way into California.

Rear sensor ohm range appears to be the same as non-California. As I recall this sensor has its own trouble code.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
If your looking for P/N's for name brand parts try the rockauto website. Follow the Year/Make/Model/engine type trail until you get to Emissions.

It is possible Federal cars made their way into California.

Rear sensor ohm range appears to be the same as non-California. As I recall this sensor has its own trouble code.
Rock auto has a million A/F sensors for this car, none of which designate federal or california...

this is by far the worst car I have ever had to source these on, heh

any part number help is greatly appreciated

Zach

Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is very confusing!! Typically it is less so.

Suggest you review the sensor location at the link below:

http://www.synapdev.com/downloads/eg043-07.pdf

Assume you want the Bank 1, Sensor 1 A/F sensor for a California emissions car?

Suggest staying away from universal sensors and using Denso or Toyota brand. Denso seems to work better on Toyota (less likely to trip another code), something to do with the probe design.

Since its on the rear of the engine might be Denso 2244064 0r 2244061. Right/left!

Bosch lists AF on the front and O2 sensors on the back. But the O2 sensors can be California or non-California. Confused!

Suggest you call Bosch customer service for the Aftermarket Parts Division at:

888-715-3616

Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST; for U.S.

More the one shop has had to do this.

Or use a Toyota part. Try

www.1sttoyotaparts.com

15% over dealer cost for internet customers.

1stToyotaParts.com
3606 S. Sprague
Tacoma, WA 98409

Toll-free: 877-810-7067

If you call in state you are an internet customer. If they want a car club forum state Camryforums or Toyotanation. The place gets rave reviews for discount Toyota parts and service for all whom used them.

Rockauto also gets great reviews but their technical staff may not be as up to speed. Thus suggest calling Bosch or the Toyota dealer.

Best I can do.

These sensors can be confusing. More then one person has purchased the wrong sensor, an incompatible brand (other then Toyota), etc. The result is the CEL comes back on.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Yes, it is very confusing!! Typically it is less so.

Suggest you review the sensor location at the link below:

http://www.synapdev.com/downloads/eg043-07.pdf

Assume you want the Bank 1, Sensor 1 A/F sensor for a California emissions car?

Suggest staying away from universal sensors and using Denso or Toyota brand. Denso seems to work better on Toyota (less likely to trip another code), something to do with the probe design.

Since its on the rear of the engine might be Denso 2244064 0r 2244061. Right/left!

Bosch lists AF on the front and O2 sensors on the back. But the O2 sensors can be California or non-California. Confused!

Suggest you call Bosch customer service for the Aftermarket Parts Division at:

888-715-3616

Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST; for U.S.

More the one shop has had to do this.

Or use a Toyota part. Try

www.1sttoyotaparts.com

15% over dealer cost for internet customers.

1stToyotaParts.com
3606 S. Sprague
Tacoma, WA 98409

Toll-free: 877-810-7067

If you call in state you are an internet customer. If they want a car club forum state Camryforums or Toyotanation. The place gets rave reviews for discount Toyota parts and service for all whom used them.

Rockauto also gets great reviews but their technical staff may not be as up to speed. Thus suggest calling Bosch or the Toyota dealer.

Best I can do.

These sensors can be confusing. More then one person has purchased the wrong sensor, an incompatible brand (other then Toyota), etc. The result is the CEL comes back on.
I did not see the layout for the 2002 camry v6, but if bank 1 sensor 1 is the one on the exhaust manifold that is closest to the front when you open the hood, this is the one that ohm'ed out correctly. The other two have off ohm readings but do not appear to be producing a code? (P1135) I am still sort of confused. I will have to eat this $100 sensor already, so I want to be right this time

I really do appreciate all of the help, you guys have been great

Let me know if pictures would help.

thanks

Zach

Old 05-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

P1135 is for Bank 1 Sensor 1. The other sensors would have their own codes.

Bank 1 is the cylinder head closest to the firewall. Sensor 1 is the first sensor on the exhaust system when coming from from the cylinder head.

See link below: The car uses the same engine.

http://forum.doityourself.com/automo...nna-p1135.html

Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM

I have been reading this and other posts but am having issue locating my B1S1 location. I don't see anything on the rear exhaust by the firewall but believe what i see is the pcv valve that sits right behind and the left of cylinder 1 posted two pics to help me out.

First is looking across engine with the main part of pic looking down at the 1 cylinder postion. .. right is front.. second is up over top of motor. The plastic cover has been removed. I believe the pcv valve is showing in pic 1 bottom center with plug coming out it?

I have recently replaced my starter and valve cover gasket and all is well there.

Thanks Mike

Attached Thumbnails P1135 Help!-camry1.jpg   P1135 Help!-camry2.jpg  

Last edited by mikeval; 02-15-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

The confusion exists in that a 4 cylinder has only one bank (cylinder head) while the V6 has two.

The rear cylinder head on the V6 is Bank 1. The only cylinder head on the 4 cylinder is also Bank 1.

For a 4 cylinder look on the side of the engine facing the radiator for the exhaust manifold. Follow the manifold from the head to the first sensor. This sensor will be mounted on a section of the manifold after all the individual exhaust pipes combine.

If a V6 you will need to look in the same area on the head closest to the firewall but the location of the sensor be much harder to see.

Quick Reply: P1135 Help!