ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Where is the INTEGRATION RELAY? (1989 Camry)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Question Where is the INTEGRATION RELAY? (1989 Camry)

My car has the dome light "fade out" system. It is inop. The dome light is inop. The headlights stay on with the ignition switch OFF. These are jobs of the INTEGRATION RELAY.

My official Toyota Repair Manual says the INTEGRATION RELAY is somewhere near the FUSE AND RELAY BLOCK #1 Driver's side kick panel. It it listed on the page titled LOCATION OF SWITCHES AND RELAYS but is put in parenthesis ( ? ) and does not have an arrow pointing to any relay. The relay is NOT PICTURED.

I have looked at the fuse block and cannot see the relay, only the relays pictured with arrows as shown in the manual.

The manual says to replace the relay for the problems (above)... but does not suggest how.
I would like to replace the relay if someone could help me find/identify it.

Thanks in advance!!
-Dave

Old 05-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

This relay may be a much larger box at the bottom of junction box 1, guessing about 2 inches by 2 inches.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 PM

Thanks JP. I was unable to find a supplier for this part. Resorted to having my local shop order it for me.
The Fuse Block #1 contains a number of fuses, all in the bottom section of the Block.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:25 PM

Let's get straight to the point. I was experiencing adding a new bulb to the passenger side. Well, I found that making the connection from the ignition cylinder bulb wiring was easier. Well, I did the test and it worked. The new LED went out Fade Out. All good.
When I finally went to complete the installation I heard a "click". Check the fuses but they were all good. The light dome turns on, the vanity light turns on well, except the Ignition Cylinder bulb. As a curiosity when I put a LED bulb it stays on and when I close the door and the locks are triggered this LED bulb lights more intentionally. But the conventional bulb does not light. does nothing.
What could it be?
Can I make an alternate connection to replace that branch of cables?

Old 01-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps the LED bulb has a lower resistance, operates at a lower voltage, etc then the standard bulb. This could be causing problems with integration relay.

There should be more then one switch position for the light such as on, off and linked to door switches.

The switch selects the wiring routing. This being either to chassis ground, the integration relay or off.