Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

camry a/c cold and not cold

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Default camry a/c cold and not cold

I've been having ongoing lack of coldness from the a/c system for quite a long while now.. i just have a question that what i could look at that would be a factor..

i noticed i put a can of freon in it when it was near empty, it would fluctuate on the gauge border line green and partly down in the white side (i know theres probably air/moisture in there now), but it came out nice/ice cold in the car?... when i added another can to top it off.. it just took all that away and very not so cool.... not hot / not neccasrily warm, but not the nice cold on a hot day you need to make it matter.... held pressure find and the fluctuation went away.. the compressor has never had to cycle, so its been running when its on and it was replaced already! i also have vacuumed it on in the past , replaced drier and fill it properly....

well i let the pressure back out, maybe a little too much, but its more in the white zone again but it came back out nice and cold again..

why is this? i looked up why it would come out cold with low freon. but what component isnt working properly so that it can be charged full like it should be and come out that cold? might help solve this mystery maybe thanks

Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Did the system ever work OK and between then and adding Freon was there still pressure in the system?

What year of car, Toyota has a pressure range. Too much Freon is not a good thing, perhaps you added too much.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM

it started making noise a couple winters ago, the compressor, so i replaced it.. i had it evacuated and filled and replaced the drier but it never put out the cold.. it felt cold that winter but of course its winter too so i wouldnt know if it was working right then or not, least i didnt look into it good enough.

if a 2004 camry v6 3.0 xle.. it seems cold with little freon and barely cold with more freon.. the gauge read in between the green lines when i filled it.. so i assumed it was right. but when it reads lower (on a warm day), it seems to be colder... less pressure... but i was wondering why it would not do it when filled more..

Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by foxyroxy111298
I've been having ongoing lack of coldness from the a/c system for quite a long while now.. i just have a question that what i could look at that would be a factor..

i noticed i put a can of freon in it when it was near empty, it would fluctuate on the gauge border line green and partly down in the white side (i know theres probably air/moisture in there now), but it came out nice/ice cold in the car?... when i added another can to top it off.. it just took all that away and very not so cool.... not hot / not neccasrily warm, but not the nice cold on a hot day you need to make it matter.... held pressure find and the fluctuation went away.. the compressor has never had to cycle, so its been running when its on and it was replaced already! i also have vacuumed it on in the past , replaced drier and fill it properly....

well i let the pressure back out, maybe a little too much, but its more in the white zone again but it came back out nice and cold again..

why is this? i looked up why it would come out cold with low freon. but what component isnt working properly so that it can be charged full like it should be and come out that cold? might help solve this mystery maybe thanks
i suggest you get a diagnostic tool to Diagnosis of cooling electronic ,
multi di@g access j2534 is can do it.