Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

heater

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Default heater

I have 02 camry xle i c water damp under my mate on drivers side i understand it has to do with heater if anyone has suggestion . where i should take to fix this problem i am in orange county calif

Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Could be coolant or exterior water from a leak.

Have you been needing to add coolant to reservoir tank?

Has there been any rain, have you noticed any increased in carpet dampness after rain?

Does the car have a moon roof?

Suggest you smell and feel the liquid. Coolant smells sweet and is somewhat slippery. If you are up to it, it taste sweet, but it's toxic if swallowed.

If it is the heater (coolant) the dash board needs to be removed to access the heater core and pipes, a big job.

If water, some Camry years had a leak in a frame joint due to lack of sealant. This would be the drivers side corner of the engine compare.

If you have a moon roof, there are four drains, one at each corner of the roof window. The drains go down the four pillars. Possible one can plug up and as a result leak into the car.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:17 AM

It can only be one of 3 things

heater core leaking. Sweet smell an dfilm on windshield

a/c drain plug blocked, not allowing condenaste to drain on ground

water leak though a seam leak on cowl or around air intake under leaf screen at base of glass on passenger side.

--------------------------
Toyota repair questions

Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 AM

Not a big deal to drive around with that fault code for a while. You wont pass a smog test though. That will be the downstream sensor on the exhaust pipe (after cat). There are other conditions that will set this code besides a bad o2 sensor, in which case a scope will be a good way to diagnose the problem and verify if the sensor is indeed the fault.