General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1993 camry bucking/stumbling

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Default 1993 camry bucking/stumbling

I have a 1993 Camry 3.0 V6 XLE. The car runs great, and still does, but I have encountered a problem I have not come across before. The car has an automatic transmission; The problem I am having is a stumbling, revving of the vehicle at initial acceleration from a stop.. A full description of the problem is when the car is in drive, and the brake is released, the car inches forward typically. But when gas is first given, the car acts as if I am pushing and releasing the gas repeatedly, and the car lurches, bucks, and then settles out after 1500 rpm, then continues as normal. The whole time throttle is kept steady, and at a normal rate.

The problem can be stopped, by giving the car a large amount of throttle (near floored). This problem has also caused the car to stall a few times, but other wise the car idles fine, shifts fine, goes into overdrive, etc.

What is the possible cause(s) of this???

Thank you

Old 10-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 1993 camry bucking/stumbling

hmm..how about the fuel filter? if thats what it is, it will get much worse as time goes on.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Turkgobbler

I have a 1993 Camry 3.0 V6 XLE. The car runs great, and still does, but I have encountered a problem I have not come across before. The car has an automatic transmission; The problem I am having is a stumbling, revving of the vehicle at initial acceleration from a stop.. A full description of the problem is when the car is in drive, and the brake is released, the car inches forward typically. But when gas is first given, the car acts as if I am pushing and releasing the gas repeatedly, and the car lurches, bucks, and then settles out after 1500 rpm, then continues as normal. The whole time throttle is kept steady, and at a normal rate.

The problem can be stopped, by giving the car a large amount of throttle (near floored). This problem has also caused the car to stall a few times, but other wise the car idles fine, shifts fine, goes into overdrive, etc.

What is the possible cause(s) of this???

Thank you

This Is the same thing that I'am having with my 1994 camry. I have changed the feul filter and it did not change my problem. I'm going to next try cleaning my throttle body and parts and my IAC ( idle air control) and see if that my fix the problem. If you have fixed your problem please let me know what you did. Thanks

Old 06-28-2006, 11:57 AM

check your air intake pipe for cracks it could be sucking in too much air i just had to recently fix mine i would go from a stop and the car would just sit at few thousand revs for a sec then take off like usual, shat me off so much,
guarantee if my problem sounds like urs it is that