General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Camry Vibration ploblem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Default 2007 Camry Vibration ploblem

the issue is this , at high ways speed after 70 mph my car starts to vibrate a little bit its not really bad but i can feel the vibration on the steering wheel accelerator pedal and i can see the passenger sit vibrate also. before replacing the tires it used to be really bad but not the vibration is less. also after replacing the a bad CV shaft the vibration improved quite a bit. This is what i have replace to far brake pads, rotors, tires, CV shaft but the vibration is still there, anybody have a clue to what look up next ?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

There was a TSB on wheel bearings and vibration "flutter". TSB 0106-08

Any increase in vibration when accelerating or coasting?

Try turning off the overdrive.

Make sure a rim is not bent or damaged.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:44 PM

i i just check the TSB 0106-08 and my VIN number does not match. the vibration is always the same no mater how fast i go after 70 MPH. i will check on the rim though i did noticed one of them has some marks on it that look it might of hit something. one more thing i noticed when i rotate my tires the vibration decreases a lot on the steering wheel but i can still see the passenger sit vibrates. how can i make sure if the rim is not bent ? do i need special equipment of take it to a shop so then can tell me

Old 08-18-2014, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that I have the same problem with my Camry. Checking for wheel bearings is usually done by raising the front of the car and then go to one wheel and put your hands on the tire at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions and try to rock it back and forth. They should be pretty solid and not have any movement.
I'm not sure about my VIN falling into the respective category but I seem to be having the same issue as described.
Replacing the hub assembly is not too hard. The most difficult part is removing the large nut on the end of the axle, takes a large socket and some force. Impact wrench is best. I'm also not sure if this nut is nylon threaded. If it is, then it should be replaced as well. The bearing on these hub assemblies are a pressed in bearing. So you need a press to install the new bearing into the new hub (a local machine shop can do this for you pretty cheap). I wouldn't recycle the old hubs, bearing and racings are matched up and old hubs can destroy new bearings fast.
When you rotate the tires you are putting nice round tires onto a bad hub. They display less vibration but as the tires wear, the play in the wheel bearings makes them wear unevenly which throws the tire out of balance. The wheel out of balance will also wear the tire oddly. All this compounds to vibrations and bad tire wear.
I can actually see the bad tire wear in my front right tire. I've also had the rotors turned, new pads, tires, alignment, etc. Vibration would diminish and then slowly return.
Not sure why they don't sell a new hub with the bearing already pressed, I can't seem to find one. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 AM

ok so your saying i should replace the wheel hubs and bearing?
the front of back ? or both?

Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

First, check the bearing play by checking each wheel. If there is excessive play in one or more wheels then replace those bearing and hubs. Most likely it is the front wheel bearings but all should be checked. The hubs and bearings are not sold as a bolt on replacement part (Near as I can tell. Have not found any with bearing already pressed in). New bearings will have to be pressed into the new hub assembly then it can be installed on the car. If you have to replace say the front right, it is suggested to replace the front left as well because they share and axle. Not required but it would be best for piece of mind.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:29 AM

As you said it happens over 70MPH or over. Its Easy, get your tires rebalanced. most dealership have wheel balances that aren't maintained, outdated, or else they let some junior kid do the work.
Take it to the Experience Mechanic. He will solve your problem.