General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Camry Wagon: Technical Names of Suspension Components

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Default 95 Camry Wagon: Technical Names of Suspension Components

Some parts of the rear suspension of my old 1995 Camry LE Wagon (V6) are beyond repair. The main problem appears to be a crack in the large fixed part on which most components are mounted and which basically connects the chassis of the car with the suspension system and the wheels. This is about 3-4 ft long, goes from one side of the car to the other and is mounted under the chassis directly behind the gas tank.

As I am trying to find this and other replacement parts on the internet I realize that the main hindrance is that I don't know the names of most of the parts. I need some kind of exploded view of the rear axle system with annotations. Does anyone have a link or other information?

Thanks

Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

The info at the link may be for another year but is should provide correct names.

www.turboninjas.com/camry/sa.pdf

Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 PM

thanks for the link. I found out in the mean time by describing the parts to a junk yard guy. It is called the rear suspension cross member. It is attached with four big bolts to the underside of the car, and the the lower suspension arms are attached to it in the center.