General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor vents don't blow any air. Shift position light goes on and off. Camry SE 02

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Default Floor vents don't blow any air. Shift position light goes on and off. Camry SE 02

I've had these problems since I purchased this car 3 years ago. It seems like someone did some work in that area.

Anyway, any idea why the floor vents woudn't blow any air? All other vents work (not sure if I have rear vents)

How about the shift position light? The one on the dash works just fine, but the other one goes on and off. If I hit it (I believe from passenger site) or run over a bump it turns on or off.

I figured, if I'll do any work on vents, I might as well fix the light if it's an easy and inexpensive fix.

Thanks!

Old 01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Floor vents don't blow any air. Shift position light goes on and off. Camry SE 02

Is this the light on the shift console between the seats?

There is flapper valve in the climate system that moves to direct the air flow. These valve is moved by an electric motor.

With ign on determine if you can hear the motor working when you change air flow outlet selection.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Default RE: Floor vents don't blow any air. Shift position light goes on and off. Camry SE 02

ORIGINAL: toyomoho

Is this the light on the shift console between the seats?
yes

There is flapper valve in the climate system that moves to direct the air flow. These valve is moved by an electric motor.

With ign on determine if you can hear the motor working when you change air flow outlet selection.
I can hear some noise, probably the motor noise, but it's more like something is blocking the air flow.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

The gear shift console may have a removable oval center piece around the gear selector that can be GENTLY pried out. You may be able to access the light after the panel is removed.

The air ducts exhaust under the front seats. Check the ducts for blockage.