General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with difficulty cold starting, runs fine when warm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Default Help with difficulty cold starting, runs fine when warm?

Hello, on my 95 4 cyl camry I noticed my check engine light came on but the car was still running fine for three days. Now all of the sudden on a cold start, it has trouble starting. THe Starter turns over normally, it just cranks and doesnt want to fire. After holding the key for 10 seconds each time, probly on the seventh or eight time it stumbles a bit and finally starts. For the first minute if I give it gas, it stalls out, after the first minute, it is fine, I can rev up and everything is normal. The car starts fine when warm and runs perfect. The CEL is still continuously on though. I jumpered the diagnostic terminals and the CEL flashes code 22 which means temp sensor? And the OD light flashes 63, solenoid? The starter cranks fine so I dont know what that means. Im puzzled because about a year ago I replaced the temp sensor when my car was having a problem. But it was doing the exact opposite, it started fine cold, but when it was warm it kept stalling out, I found out the temp sensor was faulty and was making the car run rich, and it was making it stall out with too much fuel. if its givmg me a temp code the only other thing I can think of is there is a temp send unit, and a temp sensor in the radiator,. but the one I replaced a year ago was on the top of the engine. She has 232k and runs like a brand new car. can anyone help me with this frustrating problem? Thanks