General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 Sedan Non-working Left Side Windows

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Default 95 Sedan Non-working Left Side Windows

Hi gang, I haven't had time to do a 'hiya' post because I'm in a bind but thanks in advance for the help.

I"ve got a 1995 Camry sedan here that suddenly, with no warning, both it's left side windows stopped working. Both right side windows work fine, the window lock and power locks work fine.

Here's what I've done so far:

Tried to operate the LR window with it's own switch and the master switch - Nada

Tried to operate both L windows from the master switch - Nada

Checked the window lock button and it locks the right windows correctly when depressed and allows them to operate when depressed again so that's working

Checked the rear door kid switch in both positions and it didn't change anything

Checked the fuses for the hell of it even though if some windows are working, they should all be working right?

I borrowed two known good master switches from a buddy with a salvage and they operate exactly as my switch does, right side good, left side bad so it seems very unlikely that three switches wouldhave exactly the same problem

But I dismantled and cleaned my master switch anyway, checking for melting along the way. It's contacts are in good shape and now clean. The only thing I couldn't check was the solid state board on the switch that I assume helps control the 'auto' function. Reinstalled, it works exactly the same as before.

I've banged on the door while depressing each switch, no sound and no motor function- Nada

I've checked the master switch harness from the switch, through the door, and to thelarge blueplugbehind thedriver's kick panelfor continuity and all wires havesome but not excessive resistance

I checked each wire for short to ground and the only ones grounded are the two white w/ black wires that are the proper ground wires

I checked all the wires in the master switch plug for voltage and four wires have 12.5, the two blue wires next to each other and the wires for what appear to be the door locks that are green and lt green respectively, with brown spots

This window is stuck down so even if someone could tell m which master switch plug wires to jump to put juice directly the motor in the UP postion that would be great. I really don't want to spend the time taking the door apart just to apply voltage to the motor directly when I can do it from the plug.

If you have or can point me to a wiring diagram that would be better.

And if you can think of something I've missed checking that would make both the L windows stop working at once and it works, I'll wash your car for free for a year. Seriously though, any help would be most appreciated because I'm doing this as a no money job fora poor lady friend and not only that, it looks like rain. LOL