General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts to have Toyota Check before your Bumper to Bumper Warranty Expires, Share Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Default Parts to have Toyota Check before your Bumper to Bumper Warranty Expires, Share Ideas

Hi everyone I have 35200 Miles on my 2009 Toyota Camry Standard Edition.

I was wondering what the general consensus is about things to check before your 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty expires on Toyota Camry's.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

As a note for reference:

I have had them check and replace my battery which failed a load test.

-They fixed my rear rotars and serviced my front brakes

-Replaced Brakepads

-Checked thoroughly my A/C Unit

Got my usual Oil Change and Rotate Tires at 35K miles

my idea is to also have them check my electronic Throttle, Power Steering and suspension parts too.

Does anyone recommend an extended warranty on the car?

Thanks!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

You might review posts for this generation of car at the Toyotanation website. This will give you an idea of what goes wrong with the car.

Typically a dealer will not "fix" anything unless you complain.

One issue was the struts start to leak "too" much fluid. Toyota has a TSB about how much leakage is OK. More then one owner has complained about needed to change struts at say 40K miles. Sometimes the dealer offers a good will discount or even no charge fix, sometimes the customer is stuck paying.

Check the suspension for a knocking, clicking, squeaking noises when going over bumps.

If a 4 cylinder engine, thought Toyota revised the engine block design by the your year of car. Prior engines had an issue with the head bolts coming loose due to thread failure in the block. Happens at around 60K.

In the past would not recommend the extended warranty. This has changed in recent years as Toyota's quality seems to have dropped off a notch or two.

Any dealer in the US can sell an extended warranty to you (get a Toyota warranty, not third party). Some dealers offer the warranty at a step discount thus it pays to shop around. The Toyotanation website, plus an internet search are the best bets to find out what dealer offers the cheapest one at this time.