General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

how to install strip led in 09 camry with headlight

Old 05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Question how to install strip led in 09 camry with headlight

Hi Guys,

I want to buy strip led my for 09 camry.... Following is the link for that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-X-24cm-24-LED-...item1e5b8e45a8

I want to install that along with my head light. so when I turn headlight on, it will strat this strip led too...

I do not know how to install this.... can someone help me out to understand how to install this.... if possible is there any wiring diagram for 09 camry

Thanks
Shah

Old 05-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Your easiest route may be to tap off one of the power wires going to the low beam headlight.

Each headlight beam (low or high) has its own fuse. The low beams each have a relay.

The low beam power wires may be black (right side) and brown (left side).

The white/black wire is the ground wire.

An auto parts store would have wiring clips that can be pressed onto the current headlight power wire and attach the LED light wiring to its circuit.

Ask the clerk about this, the clips are typically used to attach trailer light wiring to a cars electrical wiring without needing to cut the wires.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM

Hi Toyomoho..

Thanks for the update... I found Tap Connector which connects two wire... Following is the link for that.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093

I was just wondering if I can use this.... so I just have to connect my LED wire to headlight using this tap connector...

So onw wire from led will connect with the black (right) and from second led to brown (left side)....

and I think same thing I would have to do with ground wire too.... ????

Thanks agian for ur update...

Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

The clips should work OK. The large chain type hardware stores also carry such things in their electrical department.

As to hooking the system up.

The brown wire is power for the left side low beam 12V power. The black wire the right side 12V power. You only need hook up one wire of the LED string to ONE of these wires (your choice).

The white/black wire is the ground wire.

So, one wire of the LED goes to the brown wire of the bulb (or the black wire of the other bulb, whatever is easiest). The other wire connects to a white/black wire.

White/black wires are ground wires used throughout the car. Connecting to one is just as good as connecting to another as they eventually all run to the chassis frame. Thus connect to the one white/black wire that is easiest for you.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Hi toyomoho

Thanks for the reply. I have plug the cable in the socket of FAN 1 (As Mentioned in fuse box diagram). And it worked out. Following are the pictures for the light... I'll upload the picture for the wiring soon... Please let me know your comments.

Thanks again.
Harsh

Attached Thumbnails how to install strip led in 09 camry with headlight-1.jpg   how to install strip led in 09 camry with headlight-2.jpg   how to install strip led in 09 camry with headlight-3.jpg   how to install strip led in 09 camry with headlight-4.jpg  

Last edited by shah_harsh81; 06-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 AM

I also thinking to install the similar new LED strips under the headlight, above the bumper? Similar to the Audi headlights but without having to bake your headlights and re-sealing them. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.