General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

stuck clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Default stuck clutch pedal

Hello everyone. I have a 99 v6 5-speed camry and have a big problem. I was at LAX last night picking up a friend in bumper to bumper traffic, and my clutch pedal gets stuck to the floor. Luckily there was enough play in the pedal for me to drive into an area where i could park my car. I had called a tow truck, but my friend tried to drive it one last time and the pedal had come back up again. I was able to drive back home. Also i had noticed earlier this week that the pedal has not been coming all the way back up. But never stuck to the floor like yesterday where i couldn't drive it. Could it be low on fluid? If so where is this fluid located? Also where is the master cylinder on this car? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adva

hova32169

Subject:

nce.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Default RE: stuck clutch pedal

I just got this exact same problem...the master cylinder is located behind the firewall (on the inside)...opposite where the fluid is inserted for the clutch. I haven't actually fixed the problem, but I'm hoping it's an inexpensive fix.

I bled it today, but it didn't seem to help.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Default RE: stuck clutch pedal

I had a mechanic take a look at mine and he said the throw-out bearing was broken inside the transmission, so I taking the wheels off, loosening the axel nut, and later today I'm going to attempt to remove the axels and hopefully even the transmission. If successful, I'll then attempt to change out the clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, and then I get the joy of putting it all back together again.