General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 camry running rough PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Default 94 camry running rough PLEASE HELP

ive got a 94 camry 2.2L. it starts ok and idles alil rough. but when you try and rev it up it trys to stall out and chokes. also dies out. if you try to drive it has no power and will die right out even if pedal is to the floor. and is hard restarting. ive already changed the plugs, wires, dist. cap, rotor button, fuel filter, fuel pump n sock, also has brand new battery. also tried spraying starter fluid on vacuum hoses to see if there was a leak. please if anyone has any suggestions i could sure use the help!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked the ign coil?

Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 AM

No I have not yet. I did pull plugs wires off one by one when it was running and it seemed to run worse until I replaced it. I was hoping that one of them wouldnt do anything in hopes that I had a misfire. But I will deff do that thank you. Im also going. Out to the shop right now to inspect and clean the iac valve and egr valve. Will let you all know how that went later

Thanks,
Jon

Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Make sure the EGR valve is not stuck open.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:09 AM

Well new issue. I didnt end up cleanin the egr valve yet. But I just got done taking the throttle body off and cleaned it. Plus took off n inspected tps. And took the iac valve off and cleaned nd inspected that. Put everything back together exactly how it was before got in it to start it n all it does now is crank over n not even attempt to start. Someone please help. Im a good mechanic but thi is my first toyota. Im use to hondas.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Toyota about the same as Honda.

Check for ign spark first in case some connection, etc was accidentally removed.

Suggest you do a once over on every connection, plug, hose, etc making sure they are connected and to the right location.

Do you have a service info, perhaps a Haynes manual? The Autozone website may have detailed testing info on the TPS, IAC, etc in the sites vehicle repair guide section.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 PM

Yes ive got. The haynes manual. I just dont under why it would not start just because I messed with the throttle body. I hooked. Everyhing up exactly the same. But either way it doesnt matter. I just hope I can get it running good so I can drive the damn thing

Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Did you more the IAC valve position when cleaning?

Is the throttle plate closed and not somehow stuck open?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM

It just magically has no spark now. All of a sudden. Idk what to do anymore. Tthanks for all your help.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:18 PM

I also check the ohms on the positive and negative posts on the internal coil and came uup with .07

Quick Reply: 94 camry running rough PLEASE HELP