New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Changes Fixes to my camry

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Default Changes Fixes to my camry

I have been driving 2005 XLE for 2 years now and its a 150k.
Now that i need to drive around 1500 miles every month i went for a 2 tire change and need to change another couple soon.
I had the car verified by TirePlus and a local auto shop ..I am worried with what they came up.

SHOCKS AND STRUTS (Front-Both) - 980
RIGHT FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM - 500
ENGINE MOUNT - 360
2 tires - 200
Rear Brakes - 370

Should i really invest so much? I am thinking of buying stuff online myself or at the store and get it fixed by a local auto vendor.

What do u think guys?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:46 PM

That is a lot of money... but it would keep your Camry on the road for that much longer. Can you do any of the work yourself? Mechanic friends nearby? Maybe get a second opinion on the required repairs?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by richj11
That is a lot of money... but it would keep your Camry on the road for that much longer. Can you do any of the work yourself? Mechanic friends nearby? Maybe get a second opinion on the required repairs?
Yeah checked with couple got a good guy finally told my breaks can go for another two months.
The shock/strut is needed it seems said would cost 700 so looks like a better deal ... Thinking about it

Old 10-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

I've purchased parts before (struts/springs) and brought them to a local shop who did the work and it cost me about $150 for all four installed.
I replaced my front brakes a while ago and I went on the cheap! There is a seller on eBay, Brakemotive, and I am very happy with the rotors and pads that I received. Everything fit perfectly and it was under $100 for the two rotors and pads.
I'm just wondering if you can show up with your own parts...

Old 10-05-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Patonium
I've purchased parts before (struts/springs) and brought them to a local shop who did the work and it cost me about $150 for all four installed.
I replaced my front brakes a while ago and I went on the cheap! There is a seller on eBay, Brakemotive, and I am very happy with the rotors and pads that I received. Everything fit perfectly and it was under $100 for the two rotors and pads.
I'm just wondering if you can show up with your own parts...

Vow looks cheap on ebay...let me compare them...

Thanks

Old 10-06-2015, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Keep us posted, please.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Visited Advanced Auto -
Price for struts seems similar to what the local vendor quoted - 500 ( 700 is what the mechanic quoted may be he told with labor) this is including the whole spring and stuff not just the struts
Price for break pads+rotor costed around 100 so with labor 160 is a good deal.

There are some guys selling struts on ebay not sure if they are good...can u guys confirm, the prices are very less comparatively -> 2 Front Complete Struts "Lifetime Warranty" w Shipping" Fits ES330 Camry | eBay

Break on ebay is such a pain , its like visiting a flea market ;-)

Old 10-08-2015, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

$160 for brakes including labor? Not bad at all.
I'm not too sure about the strut kits from eBay but I'm the type to try it. That is where I got my front brake pads and rotors (Brakemotive) and I am very happy. I'm a fan of the strut/spring combos all put together, nice and easy install.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:52 PM

Just ordered the struts mentioned above.
Looks good with lifetime warranty.

Found another similar one on ebay but did not mention warranty although was ISO certified.

Time to surprise the mechanic

Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Again, please keep us posted on how things go.

Quick Reply: Changes Fixes to my camry