New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Reprogramming Locks 2005 Camry LE

Old 05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Default Reprogramming Locks 2005 Camry LE

I have a 2005 Camry LE that I just bought used. The door lock system automatically locks the doors when I start the car - fine. When I turn off the car and get out, it seems to unlock the drivers door, but leaves the other 3 doors locked. This is a problem for me as I don't have or want a keyless remote. I just want that all 4 doors are unlocked when I get out of the car. I have called 4 dealers and got 4 different answers. One told me that they is one of thoseconvoluded key in the ignitionprocedures (similar to those used to turn off the MAINT lite) that can be used to reprogram the locking system to unlock all 4 doors instead of just one, but he didn't know what it was. Another told me to cut the two wires on the keyless entry system, but he didn't know which wires. Another said that on many models the dealer can reprogram the computer to unlock all 4 doors, but it doesn't work on all models and there is a $75 charge to see if they can do it - which they will not refund if it does not work.

So - the question is - how do you make it so that when you get out of the car that all 4 doors are unlocked, not just the drivers side door?

Thanx,
Ed Shea

Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Default Programming Auto Locking

I recently bought a 2004 Camry and it was driving me crazy.... getting out and going to get something out of the back seat only to find the door locked. I found out by looking in my owners manual that there are four different modes the locks can be set in: To change the setting you get in car and hit the unlock button, put key in ignition and turn to on (but don't start engine), and then hit the lock button and hold down for at least 5 seconds. The "open door" indicator on your dash should blink once, twice, three or four times to indicate which mode you are in (to move to the next mode repeat process).
If I remember correctly mode 1: doors lock when you put in drive and only drivers door unlocks when you put in park 2: No autolock function 3: doors lock when you put in drive and unlock when you put in park 4: same but unlock when you turn off engine
Hope this helps!

Old 02-24-2022, 01:51 PM
Default Thanks that worked on 05 camry le

Your post was accurate and helpful. I hate the auto lock since I placed my keys in the passenger seat then went to my other car to get something and the wind blew the door shut and then the car locked automatically and I lost the spare. Cost me 80 bucks to get a locksmith.