Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

2007 camry le tire pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 04:09 PM
mdw
Default 2007 camry le tire pressure sensor

Will the valve stems and tire pressure sensors from my 2007 Camry LE 16" steel wheels transfer over to 2007 Camry 16" alloy wheels (the ones found on the hybrid or xle)?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mdw

Old 06-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Default RE: 2007 camry le tire pressure sensor

ORIGINAL: mdw

Will the valve stems and tire pressure sensors from my 2007 Camry LE 16" steel wheels transfer over to 2007 Camry 16" alloy wheels (the ones found on the hybrid or xle)?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mdw
Yes they will.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:05 AM
mdw
Default RE: 2007 camry le tire pressure sensor

No modifications need to be made? I took it in today to get the tires switched over, and the tire shop was worried about the tire pressure sensors not fitting. They called two Toyota dealers, one had no clue, and the second dealer said there were two different part numbers for the tire pressure sensors, so he assumed there was one for steel wheels and one for alloy wheels.

The tire shop was talking about how a lot of the wheels that use tire pressure sensors are machined on the inside of the wheel to hold the sensor. My new wheels are not machined any differently around the valve stem hole in order to hold anything. I don't know what the steel wheels look like on the inside.

If they swap right over from steel to alloy, do they need to be re-calibrated or anything?I wouldn't think so because it's the exact same tire, but I also thought I would take it to the tire shop and be driving on new rims today

Old 05-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by mdw
No modifications need to be made? I took it in today to get the tires switched over, and the tire shop was worried about the tire pressure sensors not fitting. They called two Toyota dealers, one had no clue, and the second dealer said there were two different part numbers for the tire pressure sensors, so he assumed there was one for steel wheels and one for alloy wheels.

The tire shop was talking about how a lot of the wheels that use tire pressure sensors are machined on the inside of the wheel to hold the sensor. My new wheels are not machined any differently around the valve stem hole in order to hold anything. I don't know what the steel wheels look like on the inside.

If they swap right over from steel to alloy, do they need to be re-calibrated or anything?I wouldn't think so because it's the exact same tire, but I also thought I would take it to the tire shop and be driving on new rims today

I googled this question and found this thread. I own a 2007 Camry with steel wheels and just bought some Avalon alloy wheels for it. I also have a the equipment to do the swap.

The steel wheels pressure sensor is a perfect fit for the alloy wheels, it worked with no problems. Just unscrew the valve stem and install it in the new rim (after you dismount the tire). Just a FYI for all of you. If I think about it I'll take a couple of pics for you guys.