Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

ALIGNMENT ISSUES ON 2007 CAMRY SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Default ALIGNMENT ISSUES ON 2007 CAMRY SE

I have a problem with my Camry.

2007 SE - with cronic alignment problems, very poor tire wear on the less than spectacular OEM Michelins. I am not happy and have had words with my dealer as well as Toyota Canada. They say they are not aware of any problems related to alignment issues....

Can anyone comment on any experiences re: alignment issues ???

Thanks
Ryan

Old 10-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Default RE: ALIGNMENT ISSUES ON 2007 CAMRY SE

There is a TSB on alignment issues. Have your dealership check their database.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-19-2007, 10:13 PM

Can you reference the TSB and provide any more details. I asked the dealership and they said there was nothing that they could find re: alignment.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this issue elevated to TCI and they also indicated nothing on a TSB. I would love to find something that refutes them...

Old 11-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Is the problem fixed. The states has a different data base than Canada. goog or bad ??
I put a loweing kit on mine and have no issues, works great with stock rims and tires for winter also.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:20 PM

Cool Akira751 that drop look is sweet. I wish I could do that to my new 08 SE but we have so many dips and rocks and crap on the road here in the southwest you would have problems unless you stayed on highways only. I do have the 18"TRD wheels and low profile tires so not all is lost. As for our Canadian friend look the TRD up on the USA site and see if they can cross it over. The thing is the standards for this should be borderless. I would make them fix it no factory coverage??????

Old 05-23-2008, 03:28 PM

ya the oem michelins are crap. 65k on mine when i traded car in for 08. also had a seperated tire causing bad vibration. these tires were done. i want to lower my 08 se and put 20's on. would like to hear any feedback. thx big T

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 PM

hey Ryan, i also have a 2007 Camry SE (i bought it used-certified with 20k miles on it) and at the beginning it ran really smooth. Now i've put on 19k miles on it and lately i've been getting a lot of problems with the alignment as well; i've also had to balance the tires almost monthly. I just purchased two new tires to see if that would solve the problem, along with another tire balancing, rotation and alignment at a PepBoys. When i drive it, i feel like a rubbing sound on the driver's rear tire, the steering wheel shakes... in a nutshell, it ain't a smooth ride anymore. Tomorrow im heading to another PepBoys or something (cuz the last alignment and tire replacement was 2 days ago and i have still the same problems!!!). I'll raise this issue to see if they can find something, they better give me my money back or do a rework on my car. I'll let you know the results. All im looking for is a smooth ride for me to drive; these cars are really cool and i don't want to give up on them just yet.

Roman

Old 09-19-2008, 02:02 PM

You may just have bent something, or
what you are suppoussed to do is really align the front wheels with the back wheels, they probably didnt align the rear wheels and just f'ed up oon the front ones, either that or you just bent somethings

Old 10-05-2008, 12:30 PM

We have seen this with a customer who had an 07 Camry SE that thought the wheels were out of balance. We concluded that it was an alignment issue. The customer brought the vehicle to the dealer and they realligned the vehicle and replaced a suspension component.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Default 07 camry alignment fix for excessive tire wear and choppiness

I had an issue with my camry se with tires wearing unevenly causing inside shoulders to wear and chop thus causing loud tire noise. The tires mainly chop in the rear and even rotating tires every oil change still doesnt help much. The problem is that toyota decided to add the sport springs to the se model lowering the ride height .5" thus increasing negative camber (wheels tilting inboard at the top). the le,xle and se have the same suspension platform and did not include a camber adjustment so the se is now at the max negative degree. the solution, add camber adustment bolts to the rear where strut bolts to spindle, you can have an alignment shop do it for you or u can do it yourself with a level and a straight edge. the top of the wheel tilts in about 5/8" adjust it out about a 1/4" that is just enough angle to give you the best of both worlds, handling and prolonged tire wear. note that the rear camber wont be within factory spec but it will work.