Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

oh great more problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Default oh great more problems

I just had a tune up done on my '91 and the guy told me it's in horrible condition. He said there's some oil in the spark plug tubes. It's not a big deal though and can be fixed for like $80. The real problem is that my front control arms and my rear struts need to be replaced. Now that costs some serious money. Like $1000 or more for the parts and labor. That's more than what the car's worth. I realy DON"T wanna get rid of my camry because it's thebest carI've ever owned and has never broken down on me.If I get rid of it I'd have tobuy some crap econobox kia for $2000 since I have absolutely no money.

damn...

Old 08-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Default RE: oh great more problems

Consider using 2nd hand parts from wreckers if you don't want to spend much money, or to tide you over till at least you have more cash perhaps?

I replaced both my front struts with units from the wreckers for $100 each incl labour and although they are not perfect, at least they'll last for a while longer. I'm not sure about the cost of the front control arms, but you should be able to get those from wreckers as well. Just be careful that they are not damaged ones.

I'd also say get a second opinion about the cost of repairs to your suspension from another mechanic or a suspension place...

Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Default RE: oh great more problems

I was thinking I could get the repair manual for 2nd gen camry and buy the parts and fix it myself. It's gonna save me $500 but I don't know if I have the time to go through all the trouble.