Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Performance Suspension and Brake Recommendations

Old 03-26-2017, 08:15 PM
Default Performance Suspension and Brake Recommendations

2004 Camry LE 2.4L
I am considering upgrading the suspension and brakes on this vehicle. I wish to step things up a bit without making it a miserably ride. I tend to drive rather aggressively , especially in the mountains and rural two lane roads. What I would like to accomplish is getting set up as if this came from the factory as a performance sedan where everything works as a "designed package", not just a mix of bolt-on parts that may or may not work well together. I would like to find struts/shocks/springs to start. Any additional components like anti-sway bars, bushings, shock tower brace etc. definitely considered as well. I tend to cook OEM rotors on any vehicle, so I would like quality rotors and pads that dissipate heat well. The rear are drums, but a change to rotors would be nice. I was once successful piecing together different parts for a 280Z from a Z catalogue on my own, using Eibach progressively wound lowering springs, Tokico gas struts, and urethane bushings. I didn't care how rough that car rode, I wanted it on rails and I got it.

What I would like, if possible, is to source parts from a supplier that sells tested and proven packages, or at least knowledgeably, with some guidance, put a package together myself that I will not regret. Any warning/bad experiences with factory or aftermarket alloy wheels appreciated as well.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Doubt you will be able to find a complete package.

Toyota offered a Camry SE which was supposed to be their sports package.

Toyota Racing Division (TRD) sells lowering springs, a sway bar, strut brace and pads. The rest you need to look for.

As to decent brands.

Energy Suspension Parts - Polyurethane Suspension Bushings sells urethane bushings and a few other suspension parts.

Brembo and Hawke among others make performance rotors and pads.

For changing to rear disks. Find a donor car and swap parts including the proportioning valve. If having ABS this may include the ABS module.

Tires also makes a big difference.

Might review posts at the Toyotanation site where owners are into modifying things. Suggest you review posts before posting questions. Your specific questions may have already been asked and answered a number of times.