Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tein Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Default Tein Suspension

I just dropped a line last week to Tein about what their plans were, if any, for the 2007 Camrys. They said they should be looking at an adjustablecoilover set, but didn't havy any details. I was told to check back in 4 months or so. I just wanted to shoot out a request in this forum to write Tein also and show them there is interest in this product. I've tried the Eibach springs (which is basically the same as the TRD springs) and wasn't impressed with the appearance. The rear looked alright but the front didn't look lowered much at all. They also wear your struts out faster. If you have any interest in coilovers at all, or want to help those of us out that are interested, drop Tein a line from their web site and maybe it will spark quicker development.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Tein Suspension

ORIGINAL: mikeynavy1

I just dropped a line last week to Tein about what their plans were, if any, for the 2007 Camrys. They said they should be looking at an adjustablecoilover set, but didn't havy any details. I was told to check back in 4 months or so. I just wanted to shoot out a request in this forum to write Tein also and show them there is interest in this product. I've tried the Eibach springs (which is basically the same as the TRD springs) and wasn't impressed with the appearance. The rear looked alright but the front didn't look lowered much at all. They also wear your struts out faster. If you have any interest in coilovers at all, or want to help those of us out that are interested, drop Tein a line from their web site and maybe it will spark quicker development.
Not true about about wearing out your struts out faster using TRD springs and Tein has been working on coilovers since last year.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Default RE: Tein Suspension

Good to hear about the Teins...the gentleman I talked to didn't mention they'd been working on them for that long. Hopefully, they'll be out soon. It's sad when the Yaris gets stuff out faster...unless they're using the same part as maybe a Corolla or whatever. As for the struts wearing out with just springs, maybe it's different on the Camry, because the drop is so small. My previous 2002 Nissan SER Spec V had just springs on a 1.5" drop, and the struts wore out quickerbecause under any drop they were put under aconstant load. Then again, it could've just been thatmanycities' roads suck now,or the spring and strut rates weren't quite compatible. The springswere Eibach also though.