TCF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Toyota Camry Forums? Ask. Have a suggestion to better TCF? Tell us here.

Camry LE 2005 Washer Fluid Reservoir Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Default Camry LE 2005 Washer Fluid Reservoir Leak

Today I was just topped off my Camry's Washer Fluid Reservoir which was down by an inch or two. After topping the fluid I think put little bit pressure from my fist to close the lid. It looks like I might have ruptured the tank completely. Fluid pours off immediately. I started the car and checked if my wiper motor works or not, fortunately it works and it sprays on the windshield and vipers works as usual. So how do I fix the leak. It is not a minor leak, it pours off fast. Do I have to buy a new tank or can I just fix the tank with a washer or something like that. How difficult is it to replace the tank. It looks like the reservoir pump works fine. I don't see any visible cracks in the neck of the reservoir. I tried to look underneath the tank but it completely shielded and the shield is bolted to the bumper.
Any idea or advice will be appreciated.

TIA

Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 AM

remove fender mud liner to get a better look at it ,most of the times the leak is from the washer pump seal or the pump bottom , removing the liner is a easy work a few bolts and push on pins . if bottle is crack repair it is not recommended to the temperature changes .

Old 06-03-2012, 11:31 AM

I removed the mud liner and peeked in and it looks like the reservoir is full more than a gal and I don't see any leak. My wiper works fine and sprays on my wind shield perfectly fine. What actually happened is I poured too much until the brim of the long neck of the tank very close to the lid and what ever excess in the neck part of the tank spilled out. No I problem. I will make sure that I don't fill too much.
Thanks boricau for your quick reply.