Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

12' camry le

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thought in theory the trans was supposed to learn shift points from your driving habits but maybe this changed. Isn't it a 6 speed, thus trans needs to keep running through all the gears for "best" performance, ha, ha.

The oil change procedure most likely was written for easiest dealer practices. No need to drive the car and drain or wait a long time with engine running for the oil to fully heat up. And thus the procedure could be varied.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 PM

yea but transmission fluid expands when its hot....i rather have it driven an fully hot and know if its full or not etc...

yea it does learn habits...but im afraid to pull the battery cables off to reset the car and have to try to figure out the radio code or something stupid an have to take it to a dealership lol...just seems to me more shifty...

did check tire pressures senors must have unique ids to computer did reset an they are in same position on display , mine are pf,pr,dr,df.....and did not change on reset...best bet is to write down locations if your that **** about which tire is which as the display only shows pressure not locations....I never find the computer readouts useful unless the warning light comes on or if one is significantly lower than the rest indicating a problem with one of them....as longs all tires are equal pressure im happy...its actually accurate on the display to the pound....I know at our GM dealership they arent always to the pound per say...just food for thought

Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Remember the overflow tube. Toyota designed the system to the overflow extra fluid when at XXX degrees not operating temp.

The owners manual may have something on the radio, older ones used to say something about secured to notify thieves. The theft system may also activate.

Each pressure sensor has unique ID but not sure all the details.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:37 PM

ill check the manual about a possible radio code....

ive been told the tires are df dr pf pr....(driver front etc etc...) but it turns out mine are'nt like that an that they indeed do change on rotations...can one buy a new sensor an just install it an relearn tires via glove box an it works? or does it need a toyota tech tool i wonder...

good point...i guess ill have to figure a way to check the fluid at such an such temp as stated or i might never know the real level by not doing so i suppose...

Old 05-23-2014, 06:11 AM

I recently just bought this car and this is helpful on keeping it maintain on wat I need to do n check I was really suprise that it uses 0 grade oil. ... is there anythng 3lse that I would need to check or maintain??? Also can u suggest a kit to lower it the ride hight to tire space is too big for me and it dnt look right

Old 05-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

You should just check all the usual fluids regularly and tire pressure etc. There are a lot of lowering/sport springs out there. I'm not sure of what year Camry you have, but I have seen TRD springs on ebay.