Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

2010 camry SE 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Default 2010 camry SE 2.5L

Hello CamryNation,

The headlights on my camry are really dim. there is significant condensation on the inside of the plastic and I have spoken with a few people who say it looks as though the lens may need to be replaced. The cars in mint shape with 85000kms and I want these to looks as good as the originals or better. what are my options with a comparative price. I have a mechanic to do the labor but I usually have to get the parts. not sure if I sure

1. just get them from Toyotaplaza..i figure this is expensive route. and how powerful are they going to be compared to todays HIDs
2. Buy after market lens... any suggestions on what products work best or too avoid?
3, Upgrade to an HID myself. I live in the worlds capital for fog and poor visibility and need better lights for safety. plus I'm sick of being blinded by every other driver on the road. whats required to do this. can I just buy a better bulb or do I need to get lens that are for hid lights. I figure nows the time to do this if I'm going to.

thanks. just trying to weight my options and help/suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated
thx

Old 06-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

HID's have there own good and bad points. A brighter light isn't always a better light. If going this route buy a quality product. The internet has lots of opinions including photo's of the color of the light output.

There are standard fit bulbs which claim to put out more light.

The issue with replacement headlights is Toyota brand is very expensive! Most then opt for much cheaper after market products. TYC is one decent brand.

The car may have had optional fog lights. Some models had bumper cover cut outs for lights (now covered) plus the basic wiring installed.