Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

xse vs se

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Default xse vs se

Just leased a Blue Streak Metallic SE last week. For a variety of reasons I had to get out of a more expensive car because I needed to save some cash on my monthly payment. After doing some pretty extensive research, which by the way still doesn't uncover everything, I went for it. My car, has the convenience package, but no sun roof which I don't open anyway, and entunes 3.0 which does not come with satellite radio or a remote start. Pretty ridiculous that neither are standard, but I digress. In any event, the two things I liked most about the XSE are the painted black grille and the red guage cluster which also has the larger screen in the center. Has anyone attempted to swap them out for the XSE versions? I know there will be some comments as to why I didn't get it in the first place but my payment would have been around 110.00 more per month so that was a no go. I started out with the intention of getting the XSE but I couldn't get anywhere near what I wanted as my payment, so here I am. Thanks for any positive, non insulting comments in advance. Lol

Old 03-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

The difference in lease price appears standard between models.

The grill should be a bolt on.

The cluster may be more difficult as the cars are different models. Thus the wiring different.

The lights are LED's which are built into to the cluster.