Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/appearance-10/)
-   -   mods (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/appearance-10/mods-549/)

egood 06-08-2006 12:07 PM

mods

i just started thinking about customizing my 99 camry anyone got any suggestions on where to start?

trdcamrygracia 06-09-2006 07:00 AM

RE: mods

rims....lower spring....trd lip kit...hid headlight....clear coner....its up to u.....how much u willing to spend???

egood 06-09-2006 11:30 PM

well money is a factor but im in it as a process not all at once. ive been thinkin bout getting lowerin springs... got any suggestions on a brand and can i put em on myself?

waconightrider 08-11-2006 06:25 PM

depends on wat u wanna go for, on my car from the outside it looks like a normal car, but in the inside, i have a kenwood stereo, JDM blue/black racing seats, JDM shift knob blue/chrome, reverse glow gauges, and custom vinyl doorpanels.

nodrogkam 08-12-2006 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: trdcamrygracia

rims....lower spring....trd lip kit...hid headlight....clear coner....its up to u.....how much u willing to spend???
my gosh that sounds like what you did to your car!
and well...it does look good.

v6kamree 08-12-2006 01:35 PM

make sure u get new shocks with the lower springs cause the stock shocks wont last long i got KYB struts and Lovell springs

waconightrider 08-14-2006 02:10 PM

how much does a lip kit usually cost to get painted to match?

lavalleemike 08-18-2006 03:44 PM

if your going to do it do it right and have the whole car painted. it ends up better in the long run.

KC Rusty 09-02-2006 12:08 PM

I have been thinking about an HID setup for my 07 hybrid.. Where did u get yours and was their any issues with installing it. Any helpful tidbits would be appriciated. I seen HID kits on eBay from $179 up. I assume your replace the H11 lowbeams only.

thanks

Epsilon 09-04-2006 12:58 AM

The best way to go is to retrofit an OEM HID kit since it uses OEM parts and will last a long time. Also, using true HID projectors will produce the better output, less glare, and clarity than halogen projectors which you have now.

If you would like an alternative, I would recommend only going with Xenondepot's HID kit since they use high quality parts such as Philips D2S burners and Philips bulbs. The Stanley's halogen projectors found in the 6th generation Camry actually take well to aftermarket HID kits, so it won't be that huge of a problem unlike with other vehicles having aftermarket HID kits. Also, be sure to cover up the Squirrel Spotters.

The Squirrel Spotters are a big problem with the '07 Camrys and HID kits. The Squirrels Spotters are not DOT mandated. They are there to see road signs and stuff like that. They are covered up because they are OK with Halogen, but with HID the glare is unbearable to oncoming traffic. These can be covered up with aluminized duct tape that are meant to withstand high temperature.