Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

rims and alittle tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Unhappy rims and alittle tint

I have an 01 toyota camry and all my windows are clear as hell......I hate how ppl can just look into my car u kno??that's my opinion...and I have a hubcaps on my car also and I want to upgrade from that.....someone plzz help me out with some deals

Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 AM

35% tint is the cleanest look. street legal, and still can keep the privacy. you have to be right up on the car to see inside even with my tan interior. on the rims i am in the same boat with you on that one. 07 le with hubcaps. going to the dealer rims are gonna cost you 1,000 without tires trust me i tried. look online tirerack, or possibly craigslist, ebay for good deals. that what i am currently doing. lemme know how it goes and if you wanna see pics of my car with the 35% to give you a basic idea of how it looks let me know and i can post some here for you

Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM

Thanx ...I forgot about craigslist...ima look that up...and yea can I see ur pics?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:26 PM

Make sure you know your bolt pattern. Go on Craigslist and I'm sure you can find a set of rims (maybe with tires too) for under $800 EASY. As for tint, I would go with 35%, they're perfectly legal and is very noticably darker than stock.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Default Please Post Pics

Picture Please.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:39 PM

Depending upon where you live, and, therefore, what the regulations are, go for the darkest tint possible...that still allows you to see out the rear when backing up at night. I also have a reflective tint on half the windows because I'm a sucker for shiny things. If you want something like that, there's also a limit for how reflective they can be.

I have 17" Borbet rims, which I got as a wheel & tire package. I think they're 8.5" wide, which makes a big difference. It was great because for a single price, the place made sure I had the right fit before I ordered them, assembled them, balanced them, installed them, and disposed of my old ones. I don't remember the exact price ($1K - $1.5K?), but it was totally worth it. Just go for something you like and can afford. I'd recommend going to a wheel & tire place to see what they have and what deals they offer.

I also got really nice, performance tires out of the deal which were very sticky but needed replacement after only a couple years. Now, I have long-mileage tires, but they slip all over the place...just one more thing to consider.

I also prefer the look of disc brakes. So, I got a big brake kit for the front and converted my old rear drums to disc. What are you sporting for brakes?

Pics of my Camry are posted if you're interested.