Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   2014 Camry Radio (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/2014-camry-radio-48332/)

Darkmatter 10-30-2013 01:58 PM

2014 Camry Radio

I purchased a 2014 Camry late on Monday night (didn't get home from dealership until after 11pm). Both the salesman and the sales manager told me that there was a HD radio in this car but there isn't. So after calling and going back to the dealership the sales manager said that he will talk to someone and get a HD radio ordered for me. I just got off the phone with him and he said that there is something different with the wiring so he wouldn't be able to use a Toyota radio. He said that he is going to talk to someone about putting in an aftermarket radio. I said do I have a choice of the aftermarket radio that they would put in and he said yes. Here is the problem after talking to a radio install guy that I've dealt with for years and let him know that the dealer would be getting the radio installed. He says that it looks like the 2013 is different then the 2014. He also said that no one has adapters and stuff for an aftermarket install so custom work would probably need to be done. In my opinion it would just be easier for them to give me a different car. I got this car with about 25 miles on it now after running back and forth to the dealership there is about 100 miles on it. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks

toyomoho 10-30-2013 07:21 PM

This type of issue is reasonably common.

Do you have anything in writing about the HD radio on the invoice? If not then it is typically up the dealer as to what they will do or not. This is unfortunate but common. If have proof then you can press the issue but this is not the kind of thing they will replace the car over.

If nothing on the invoice suggest you work with the dealer as they can and do state sorry, you are out of luck.

A quality after market radio can very well be much better then the Toyota brand. The dealer would know who to contract out the installation if custom work is needed. If this is your route talk to your install person about a quality HD radio then contact the dealer about who installs it.

Darkmatter 10-31-2013 06:52 PM

The dealer said that they would put in a pioneer radio which would require some custom work but they also said that I would loose some of the features. I would have HD radio and Bluetooth for my phone but I would loose the vehicle specs and streaming media. The other option was to cut me a check for the different cost of what a factory HD radio would cost. They are supposed to come out later in 2014. So I said that they could just give me a check.

Whattheheck 11-05-2013 07:09 AM

You want this.

Call, ask for Walt. Tell him John in Indiana told you to call. You will not lose any of the features of the car computer and this is much better than Etune.

Radio Replacement | ADC Mobile – Your Professional Partner

Rivka 03-03-2014 01:15 PM

On a new '14, should I take the basic radio and have an aftermarket upgrade?

I am in the market for a Cam....but think I will be better off getting the basic radio, and having the NAV, and satellite/AM/FM/CD, etc installed aftermarket.

What do you all think? Will it work?

Patonium 03-04-2014 01:14 AM

What aftermarket unit are you looking at? Post a link so we can see what you want to add. Some aftermarket units are goof as long as they are installed properly and they can look stock too.

zfk55 03-12-2014 07:52 AM

No idea what kind of radio is in ours....yet. I turn it on, find the station and.......... listen.
Now I find out there's a 1/2" thick manual on the radio in the glove compartment I didn't know about. 1/2" thick?? It would appear that there's a lot yet to learn about this car.
If all else fails............. read the manual.