Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2015 Camry SE - Non JBL Stereo Wiring Color Scheme for Powered Subwoofer Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Default 2015 Camry SE - Non JBL Stereo Wiring Color Scheme for Powered Subwoofer Install

I removed the OEM stereo, so I could install an aftermarket powered subwoofer. I need to tap into the high level speaker wires, so I can connect the sub. However, I am racking my brain trying to understand the wiring. I'm referencing this scheme from Pro Street's website. The first thing that caught my attention is how thin the wires are coming out of the stock radio. I've installed a lot of aftermarket radios in my time, but tapping into wires that thin is not something I'm comfortable with.

I've noticed in other posts, that the wire colors at the speakers are a different color (from what's listed below) and a thicker gauge. Does the 2015 Camry SE have an OEM amplifier? I'm hoping anyone can help me understand the wiring from the head unit to the speakers.

How To Toyota Camry Stereo Wiring Diagram - My Pro Street

Car Radio Battery Constant 12V+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12V+ Wire: Gray
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White

Here's the powered subwoofer I'm working with...

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW10CA-Profile-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B019Z3R582 https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW10CA-Profile-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B019Z3R582

Thank you for taking the time to look.

-Mike :grin:

Old 02-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

The list has wiring colors at the receiver not speakers. The colors are correct for a NON-amp, 6 speaker stereo at the receiver.

How many speakers does your car have?

An remote amp if present, might be under that passengers seat toward the rear and bolted to the floor.

Look at the wiring at the receiver. A stereo WITH remote amp would include shielded wiring going to it. This rather then all wiring be plain non shielded wiring.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:20 PM

The list has wiring colors at the receiver not speakers. The colors are correct for a NON-amp, 6 speaker stereo at the receiver.
How many speakers does your car have?

I have six speakers.

Any remote amp if present, might be under that passengers seat toward the rear and bolted to the floor.

I was working back there and all I remember seeing is the floor vents. I'll check again when I get home from work.

Look at the wiring at the receiver. A stereo WITH remote amp would include shielded wiring going to it. This rather then all wiring be plain non shielded wiring.

All of the wiring bundles coming out of the back of the stereo are wrapped in a thick plastic wrap\adhesive.

Thank you for your reply!

Old 02-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Does the radio have RCA plug outputs on the case? If so use these to route the signal to the bass amp LOW level power inputs.

If not, use the HIGH level amp inputs and tap into the speaker wires at the speakers. No matter if the stereo has a remote amp or not, the speakers are getting High level power.