Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

best subs,speakers,and amps

Old 07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Default best subs,speakers,and amps

ya so what are some good brands to get?? i want to get all new speakers and two 12's. what should i get?

Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: best subs,speakers,and amps

Everyone has their own preference when it comes to a specific brand for audio. I've used pioneer brand speakers for quite some time now and i have to say that i love them. Although there are many different great brands for audio; MTX Audio, Phoenix Gold, Audiobahn, Polk Audio, Rockford Fosgate, etc. (and thats just to name a few) I personally like Pioneer.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 PM

ok thanks

Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

most will agree that for the money, kicker will be the best way to go for bass.
regular speakers...ugh...thats where the list REALLY widens.
I havent kept up with normal speakers in a while but just to name a few big brands that professionals and regular folk like me recommend would be Polk, Infinity, Pioneer, and Alpine.

I assume you've upgraded your headunit already.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 AM

I have Polk DB Speakers/Sub+ Memphis Reference Amps in my '02 and Polk Momo Speakers/Sub + Memphis Studio in my '99. Great bang for the buck if bought used. hehehe!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 AM

Give me a budget on what you want to spend and i can tell you what you are looking for... Personally its completely subjective but really it is based off of certain preferences, budget, as well as power handling... What kind of set up are you looking for...

I like Fi Audio, Resonant Engineering, Ascendant Audio, Elevation Audio, Bravox, Alpine Type R series only, Eclipse, Diamond Audio, Focal, Treo, Xtant... really it is dependant on what you want to spend... Plus as far as amps go I dont anyone can argue with me on this but the best amps in the world are built by:

McIntosh at Lincoln Labs, Brax/Helix amps and Audison, Zapco

Other good choices that wont cost you an arm and a leg is Autotek, Hifonics, Incriminator Audio, Kicker, Alpine, RE audio amps, Memphis Audio.

There are sooooooo many choices out there and really i try to stay away from mainstream like Rockford Fosgate, Audiobahn (Which is crap), MTX, and Phoenix Gold... Really you can do better with other choices out there...

Just ask a couple quesitons and ill try to help you.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 PM

if you like GOOOOOODDDDDD! SQ you can get some rainbow speakers http://www.iqcaraudio.com/rainbow_audio.html

Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 PM

and for subs if you have a lot of $$$ I like DD TC sounds and FI audio but if you dont have that much $$ than I say go with mach 5 audio there worth 3X what you pay for them this is A pick of my MAW-12not bad for a $59 driver
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...2307_16322.jpg
the MAW-12 ismy HT sub naw and naw I have a mj-18 wich I love to.. this is the mj-18
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...1107_16181.jpg

Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 AM

I just dont like those Mach speakers... I dont understand why ppl like them... I would rather wrap my hands around an Ascendant Audio Assasin and throw a couple hundred watts at it and be done with it.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:23 PM

^^^ the new AA assasin's are more than likely a Lil bit better than the ould assasin's and they are better than the M5 MAW's
but the MAW's are 1/2 the $$ of the AA's so it all depends on your budget

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best subs,speakers,and amps