Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Entry Illumination 2000 Camry (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/entry-illumination-2000-camry-37248/)

chrisp83 12-27-2010 09:51 AM

Entry Illumination 2000 Camry

Good day all,

I would like to set up a system where, when i press the "unlock" button on the remote at night, the park and fog lights come on for a short period, and when i press the "lock" button, the park and fog lights go out.

My Camry has an after-market alarm/immobilizer system already installed. It also has the daylight sensor which turns lights on/off when its night/day.

Can anyone suggest a circuit diagram that would achieve this. I have a vague idea of how to do it, although i am not 100% sure on what the existing wiring is like on the Camry.

toyomoho 12-27-2010 05:05 PM

You might try to find a relay that will latch and unlatch with a 12V signal and includes a built in timer.

The link below may have something that might work, don't know for sure.

http://www.ahwooga.com/detail.asp?id=133644

The 12V signal would come off the voltage to one of the remote locks.

The park and fog lights are powered by relay (most likely more then one if having daytime running lights).

The light control on the steering arm typically just grounds the circuit to complete it.

The relay would need to activate the park and fog light relay and ground the circuit, or be a separate circuit in addition to the relay already there.

If you send a private message with email address can reply with a wiring diagram for a 99, should be close enough. Or AutoZone may have wiring diagrams in their vehicle repair guides.

chrisp83 12-28-2010 12:04 AM

Thanks alot for the info Joey. I will PM.

toyomoho 12-28-2010 10:21 PM

Info sent.

chrisp83 12-28-2010 11:22 PM

Much appreciated.

chrisp83 01-06-2011 02:41 AM

Joey, thanks for the diagram, really helped me understand how things work in the car. I am still trying to source the timed relay, so havn't managed to complete the project as yet.

FYI for anyone else with the same vehicle as me (2000 Camry, 2.2 4Cyl, Ex Japan Right Hand Drive, Auto), contrary to suggestions by many users on many forums, the correct UNLOCK wire for Keyless Entry setup is the Red/Green one in the same junction block as the Green LOCK wire. If this one is used, then the Dome light is illuminated when the vehicle is unlocked.

nerobi15 01-07-2011 02:16 AM

This is for unclemoose; hope he sees it!
You asked where it is and you received wrong answers; it's in the trunk. next to the fuse box. These are incorrect. It's located under the dash on the left hand side just below the speaker. You have to remove the dash bezel and remove both wiper switch and headlight switch.
You should see it, it's a little white controller. I know; I replaced mine as I too own the same vehicle.

rmr 01-12-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by chrisp83 (Post 60413)
Joey, thanks for the diagram, really helped me understand how things work in the car. I am still trying to source the timed relay, so havn't managed to complete the project as yet.

FYI for anyone else with the same vehicle as me (2000 Camry, 2.2 4Cyl, Ex Japan Right Hand Drive, Auto), contrary to suggestions by many users on many forums, the correct UNLOCK wire for Keyless Entry setup is the Red/Green one in the same junction block as the Green LOCK wire. If this one is used, then the Dome light is illuminated when the vehicle is unlocked.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.

MindiCollelop 01-12-2011 09:36 PM

edu backlinks

Improbable submit! This might help a lot of folks find out about this matter. edu backlinkslinkwheelprofile backlinks

MindiCollelop 01-12-2011 09:47 PM

edu backlinks

Improbable submit! This might help a lot of folks find out about this matter. edu backlinkslinkwheelprofile backlinks