Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Entunes 3.0 is pretty bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:58 PM
Default Entunes 3.0 is pretty bad

After researching the 2018 camry I traded my car in and took the plunge. The entunes has many little flaws that are almost impossible to know about until after the fact. For example, there is no album art while the car is in motion. After reading, I found out that it is intentional. Now what makes me mad, is that Toyota thinks album artwork is distracting but people can still text and drive. To make matters more confusing, my 2017 lexus es350 and nx200t display artwork. I guess Toyota, who makes both cars, feel lexus drivers are more responsible than camry drivers. Little things like this are mind numbing. I know they are following supposed rules but if that's the case, why does lexus still allow it?

Last edited by Lcrngrs; 02-23-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Spellkn
Old 02-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

You sure there is no work around for this?

Some of these issues are covered by federal law. Others perhaps because Toyota doesn't want to get sued because someone is looking at the console instead of the road.

Lexus is another division in Toyota. They may not talk to Camry. Often the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is is doing.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 PM

Who needs album art? There is a WORLD on the other side of the windshield glass. It is gorgeous. And, since you are supposed to driving, you should be looking at that.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:32 PM

That's so profound, I thought it was just traffic on the other side.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lcrngrs
That's so profound, I thought it was just traffic on the other side.
I suppose you could check that every 15 or 20 minutes also. Just make sure you don't miss anything on the console screen.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:48 PM

Thanks for the courteous response toyomoho.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:35 PM

Toyota feels that it's a distraction for you to see album art, so they replaced it with a VERY distracting bright white box with the USB logo. Brilliant.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:40 AM

For example, there is no album art while the car is in motion. After reading, I found out that it is intentional.
Thank you for pointing this out! It was driving me crazy. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong so that album art didn't appear.

On the downside, that's a pretty dumb excuse. If a little picture is distracting, how much does the entune software suite confuse the driver? (Not that I've used it. It looks pretty bad and the reviews are horrible.)

Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Default It was driving me crazy as well.

I just bought a 2018 Camry SE. One second the album art was there...then it wasn't. It was when I put it in reverse or drive when it dissapeared. Apply parking brake and the artwork appears. Even when it was in drive. Weird. My 2015 Rav4 XLE had the artwork on at all times. Is there anyway around this? I hope so!!

Old 09-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Toyota apparently changed the software to eliminate this "distraction" when driving.

Doubt if there is now a software or push the right button fix.

Owners used to rewire the unit to simulate the parking brake was on, etc. It's used to be just a wire going to the unit that had a high/low signal to indicate the brake was on/off. Not sure if this has changed.

Might research the net for current workarounds as your not the only one complaining.

Some boil plate. This latest change is a Toyota thing perhaps from their legal department. However not sure what the dealer will say in terms of the stereo/nav warranty or your car insurance company if they find out the system was modified.

Quick Reply: Entunes 3.0 is pretty bad