Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2007 Navigation System.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Default 2007 Navigation System.

Hi all;

I just bought my lovely wife to be a 2007 Camry Hybrid fully loaded....

I own a 2006 Chrysler 300c 5.7L HEMI (good balace eh...)

anyway I along with the help of some friends have hacked the Chrysler Navigation system to allow full usage while the vehicle is in motion, all locks and restrictions have been removed.

So my question for everyone here is, has anyone attempted to do this or has anyone done this for the 2007 Camry?

If there is anyone with any knowledge about it please post up...

Thanks..

Mr. iNCREDIBLE....

Old 12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Default RE: 2007 Navigation System.

I was wondering that myself,, but the voice commands allow full access while driving... i just can't figure out how to say "STARBUCKS" and have it know what in the hell im talking about.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:15 AM

Oh Boi! here comes trouble...First of all, before I even tell you the illegal trick which youofcourse are going to perform at your own risk, Let me tell you this:
1.You can get a ticket while watchingtv on dash
2.You will NOT be covered by your insurance agency incase of any accident(if it is illegal to drive and watch..basically all NA)

My friend totalled his truck and got nothing for it as insurance company proved the TV was hacked to work while driving.

Okay well , basically the trick has been simple all along....you can do some research on pioneer avic n1's which were hacked by running a wire to ground the system....(brake lights). The ground cable tricks the system into thinking that car is not in motion even when it is.
Also, some people have started using the emergency brake system. You put on the emergency brake(just a lil bit) and it will let you run the dvd.
Now, the problem is that the car you have ...camry 07 does not have regular emergency brake but it has the pedal one, so I dont know if it will completely work (Also, you don't want to mess with your new car's braking system).

But my suggestion , if you love your wife more than TV then let her drive and do not mess around with the navigation system.

It will save you all the Bi***** that you might get if your insurance company refuses to pay.

BTW: I made my account just for this post....I thought I needed to speak.

FIRST POST! YAY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the starbucks guy, give Tim Hortons a try...lets see if there is one near you

Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM

The new camry's do not have DVD capabilities so its not a question of watching tv... its a question of using the phone functions or searching for a starbucks for example, without having to pull over... also,,,, a passenger can do the searching while your driving.... when im traveling long distance on a highway going 75 with my wife and we decide we are hungry, it seems crazy to have to pyull over to find a wendy's right? so how do you run this ground wire.? Any mroe specifics would be appreciated

Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 AM

Try this

http://www.navigadget.com/index.php/...gation-system/

Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM
G

^^ everyone keeps using this link. Has anyone even tried this on a 2007 camry ?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM

I'm trying to purchase a navi for my 07 SE Camry but of course im looking for the best deal. Any suggestions?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:51 PM

I would check out a Garmin system, they are good for their price, also ALWAYS bear in mind...theses navi systems(aftermarket) do become obsolete after about four years...the ONLY benefit to getting a TOYOTA navi is you can get an upgradeable disc for the system

Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 PM

I would try to do some search on generation 5 navigation systems. I have seen writeups on clublexus.com showing how to hack the navi to allow full usage while in motion, but I believe it was for a gen4, and the wiring has changed from gen4 to gen5. I haven't seen once for a gen5 system, but honestly I haven't been keeping an eye out for it since I have a gen 4 system.

The gen4 hack involves removing some wires from the harness and connecting some of the removed ones for dvd playback and full phone usage. This can also allow navi usage.