Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   wiring for 4 subs? (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/wiring-4-subs-1699/)

nine five cam 05-19-2007 10:46 PM

wiring for 4 subs?

I currently have two 12in MTX subs and I was wondering how i could wire two more subs. Will i need to get another amp or a different amp. please help. THANKS

nodrogkam 05-19-2007 10:52 PM

RE: wiring for 4 subs?

yeah you'd pretty much need another amp. The two amps will need to be connected to one another too so the sound will get to the new amp.subs.

lavalleemike 05-21-2007 08:50 AM

Yeah you will most def. want to hook your two ampstogether and I hate to say this but, to achieve the best sound possiable you should probably buy two new amps of the same brand and model that way you have a better chance of them being for lack of a better term "In Sync"

camry313 05-22-2007 02:56 AM

ORIGINAL: lavalleemike

Yeah you will most def. want to hook your two ampstogether and I hate to say this but, to achieve the best sound possiable you should probably buy two new amps of the same brand and model that way you have a better chance of them being for lack of a better term "In Sync"
and don't 4get 2 get the amp wiering Kit 4 best results :)

lavalleemike 05-22-2007 05:16 AM

I'm lost by your comment how else would you hook it up?

Black95Cam 05-22-2007 09:51 AM

im guessing he is saying dont forget to get an amp wiring kit that is made to handle2 amps.

camry313 05-23-2007 01:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Black95Cam

im guessing he is saying dont forget to get an amp wiring kit that is made to handle2 amps.
he he he ... this is what i ment ... soooooorrry [:o]

4ageBT 06-11-2007 01:38 AM

a gauge 4 power amp wiring can handle two amps. may I ask what amp are you using? Is it a mono amp?

Black95Cam 06-11-2007 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 4ageBT

a gauge 4 power amp wiring can handle two amps. may I ask what amp are you using? Is it a mono amp?

sorry you just confused me. but if your talking to me, then yeah its better off using 4 ga wires as is keep a more constan flow of currents. the amp im using is a 2 channel bridgable amp (Fosgate P5002).

and camry313, no problem. just looking out for my felllow camry owners. :)

Amekaji87 06-14-2007 01:49 PM

I'm not sure what you're pushin' but you may wanna get a capacitor and/or a larger alt. Just an idea depending on what you have in mind. Good luck though!

ported box FTW 06-18-2007 09:36 PM

dont get a cap

ported box FTW 06-18-2007 09:43 PM

crap>capacitors...get a BIG3 and a HO alt

lavalleemike 06-19-2007 05:23 AM

Also you would want to get a fused distabution block so that you can split your main power wire into two smaller ones. I dont knwo that I would use 4 GA wire though I would probably go with 2 Gauge or maybe 0 depending on how much power you want.

VVTi 06-28-2007 02:52 AM

ORIGINAL: lavalleemike

Also you would want to get a fused distabution block so that you can split your main power wire into two smaller ones. I dont knwo that I would use 4 GA wire though I would probably go with 2 Gauge or maybe 0 depending on how much power you want.
(from battery) 2 gauge wire divided by a distribution block into two 4 gauge wire. then installed to your 2 amps. is enough.

CaptainPioneer 07-13-2007 10:42 AM

You said u have 2 MTX subs? What are the specs on them such as what is their RMS/Max and are they SVC or DVC? Are they 2ohm or 4 ohm? What is your original amp that you are using? And just to let you know the gauge of the wire going to the amp 4 guage doesnt always mean that it will handle 2 amps.... Also if u are going to have 2 different amps running it s going to be a big problem to make sure u get both amps in the same phase as well as setting the level/gain.

If you are using 2 amps i would definitely use a distro block and run a 0 gauge to the distro from the battery and then split it off to 4 gauge if the power demand is less than 800w... some say 600w is the limit on 4 gauge but really it is determined by its lenth and material.

Do not get a Cap ever! Best option is to upgrade your Wires to the chassis from the battery and Power wire... Also fuse the wire. If you can get a HO alt if u want to.

My personal opinion... Dont do 4 subs... Get a really nice 15" sub and build a nice ported box to specs and juice it with anywhere from 1kw to 2kw on 1 mono block amp... First off if you plan to compete this will keep you in street B and second who the hell needs 4 subs in a trunk if its a daily driver... most likely its going to sound like crap... Sorry if im being to personal about it, but you could do better given the current situation