Detailing Discuss detailing your Camry within.

Wash Foamer

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 12:39 PM

to tell you the truth about Foam Cannons, even the tech on the phone was unable to nail down the benefits. But he did say with confidence that the detergent in the shampoo will work on the paint longer. The stuff just sticks to the surface in giant white globs.

Washing itself is then a bit less work because you don't make repeated trips to the bucket to soap up the different sections of the vehicle. So, the whole process goes faster and is less tiring.

Next week when my polishing pads arrive, I'll buff out the paint and then apply the sealer. The brand of sealer I chose is Wolfgang and on a few detailing forums folks post pictures of vehicles. It looks pretty impressive. Wolfgang and Menzerna products are used at the Mercedes factory. That's a bit of an endorsement in itself.

By the way did you know that in the old days when they painted each Rolls Royce with lacquer they put on more than 10 coats! About 14 gallons of paint.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 PM

By the way did you know that in the old days when they painted each Rolls Royce with lacquer they put on more than 10 coats! About 14 gallons of paint.
lol! I wander what's the brand of those paint :P I'm very particular on the brand :P

Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Paint brands differ a lot in quality. I'm not sure about Rolls Royce, but I know that Mercedes and BMW exclusively use a German brand of paint called Glasserit.

The symbol on the paint cans is a Parrot with a rainbow of colored tail feathers. You'll sometimes see a metal sign with this symbol at upscale auto body shops. I've used it on a restoration of a 122 Volvo for my son. Some was left over so I refinished a maple dining room table with the Glasserit Clear Coat. This was done in 1999, and that table has taken a beating during dinners ever since. Looks great.