Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/detailing-21/)
-   -   What do you think of the NXT car wax from Mequiars? (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/detailing-21/what-do-you-think-nxt-car-wax-mequiars-3818/)

Tim224DT 05-23-2008 06:51 AM

What do you think of the NXT car wax from Mequiars?

OK i was watching TV the other day and got suckered into buying the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0 car wax.

I am sure some of you have seen the commercial with two vetts one that is new one that is from the 70's and the both look great. So i was like i need to get some of that wax. Didnt realize it was so much till i went to Target and got some it was $16 i havnt used it yet because before i bought it didnt rain here for 2-3 months now that i got it the other day it has been raining every day since.

So my question is anyone use this if so how do they like it???

Thanks,
Tim

akira751 05-23-2008 06:54 PM

RE: What do you think of the NXT car wax from Mequiars?

I use the old Tech wax and I love it and once I use it up I will be buying the 2.0
[align=left] [/align]

Tim224DT 05-23-2008 08:33 PM

Ok cool thanks for the reply.... Tomorrow i have a day off of work finally! Unless the servers act up then i get called in but no chances of rain either!

So i forsee a car beind detailed in the driveway tomorrow if all goes as planed.

94camguy 05-27-2008 08:47 PM

Yea I hope it goes good I've been wanting the same stuff for a while now, I just have too many other expenses right now. Meguiars is one of the highest rated brands from what I understand, that and Mothers.

Tim224DT 05-27-2008 09:40 PM

Well i was able to wash my car really good that day but was to tired after to even think about wax. With it being humid and HOTT i just wanted to go inside and take a shower then rest after that. I need to get a morning that isnt so humid to do this.

Tim

BooM2087 07-05-2008 02:52 AM

What wax canI use if I got Xzilon on the car?

trd_camry 07-07-2008 10:00 AM

As far as store bought car wax goes this is very good, I was impressed with the results. There are better waxes you can get from some websites though .

Honeyshucks 09-08-2008 09:37 PM

NXT is great. Long lasting, it will lighten dark colors. Mequiars tect wax #26 is my choise for final coat. Years ago all wax/polishs had cleaning agents. This is not true with today's great finish wax. Use a good polish/cleaner before using either NXT or #26 if you want a great looking finish.

akira751 09-09-2008 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Honeyshucks

NXT is great. Long lasting, it will lighten dark colors. Mequiars tect wax #26 is my choise for final coat. Years ago all wax/polishs had cleaning agents. This is not true with today's great finish wax. Use a good polish/cleaner before using either NXT or #26 if you want a great looking finish.
I always use #26 on top of NXT for nice wet look.

tstephens11 09-25-2008 10:05 PM

i haven't used it but meguires is one of the best I always use their other waxes