DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

1995 Camry Power window fusible link amperage rating?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Default 1995 Camry Power window fusible link amperage rating?

Hi all,

My 1995 camry LE power window was not working, I got to the repair shop and the guy changed the power window fusible link. But just a few days, the fusible link blowed again. Now I think the guy maybe not changed the correct fusible link with equal amperage rating (what he changed is 30A, the brand name is cooperbussmann and the part no. is FLS-30).

The problem is that I don't know the original amperage rating for 1995 camry LE power window.

Is anybody know this information? Thank you very much to share with me.

Thanks

Bo

Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 AM

Hy Bo,
There is a reason the fuse blew in the first place. Either the window motor is drawing to much current, or there may be damaged wiring. I have seen a few of these with broken/frayed wires in the door jamb, inside the rubber boot. Have the tech look there.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:40 PM

Thank you Carlos1787, I will ask the tech to look that. If there's some news, I will post here later.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 PM

My 1995 camry LE power window was not working, I got to the repair shop and the guy changed the power window fusible link. But just a few days, the fusible link blowed again. Now I think the guy maybe not changed the correct fusible link with equal amperage rating (what he changed is 30A, the brand name is cooperbussmann and the part no. is FLS-30).

The problem is that I don't know the original amperage rating for 1995 camry LE power window.

Is anybody know this information? Thank you very much to share with me.
you can always go back and ask for another repair, they are not doing their job properly.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Red face

I had the same problem last week, with my 95 LE, and I discovered that the wiring in my trunk lid, which went to my reverse and brake lights, was shorting out. This is a common problem with many Camry models, and this is due to the fact that the lights are tied into the same fuse which controls your power windows, and the instrument panels. These wires are typically secured on the hinge arm of the lid, and over time develop wear. Mine was actually caused by a loose reverse light bulb which had broken and was blowing the fuse every time I shifted into reverse, but not until. This may not be your particular problem, but I hope it helps you or someone else.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Thank you all. Today I open the driver front side door and found there are bare wires inside the door. I us plastic adhesive tape to seal them up and change a new fuse. Now the power window is OK.

But there is a new problem. there is a small red light bulb in far left on the instrumental panel. It's located between "rear view mirror control" and "instrument panel light ****".
Now the problem is this small red light bulb has always been lit even when I turn off the engine and get the key out. It seems that the red light bulb was lit when I disassemble the front door or when I changed the fuse.

what's this light mean? I cannot find the answer in the diver's manual. Thank you very much!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Here is thre picture show the red light. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by mylegend; 06-15-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: upload picture